Savio travels to meet me.

Discuss the people that make the music here.
FOSSIL

Savio travels to meet me.

Post by FOSSIL »

I played a concert in Oslo last night and today, after very many years I finally met Savio ! he drove for SIX HOURS to meet me.... what a great guy. We talked, we laughed and tried out trombones in a car park!!!
It was such a pleasure to meet in person and I can recommend making an effort to meet other forum members.... well worth it.
He has some very nice trombones ....😁

Chris
JohnL

Re: Savio travels to meet me.

Post by JohnL »

FOSSIL wrote: ↑Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:01 amHe has some very nice trombones ....😁
Not only did he travel six hours, but he brought trombones?
SwissTbone

Post by SwissTbone »

Would have loved to be a flie in that car park!
Ζ’Ζ’---------------------------------------------------Ζ’Ζ’
Like trombones? Head over to https://swisstbone.com/ to see some great vintage and custom horns!
Savio

Post by Savio »

cozzagiorgi wrote: ↑Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:17 pm Would have loved to be a flie in that car park!
Im just back now Chris, with lot of inspiration. Yes you all should have listen Chris trying my trombones! It was amazing :good: :good: :good: . He sounds so fantastic good. I was 2 meters from the bell and got that lovely sound straight in my ears, fantastic, what an inspiration for me. And he even played my jazz tunes so I thought it was George Roberts standing there. Amazing Chris, you sound so incredible good!
I thought a couple of my Conn 70h had some defects, because they doesn't felt ok for me. I sold the good one a year ago. But I got a shock when Chris played them. They sounded so good and Chris told they was very good horns. Im going to practice them every day Chris and next time we see!

Anyway so good to meet Chris, a great guy and I hope he understood my bad english. I think I understood most of what he told even Im not used to listen english.He has lot of wisdom and humor. Inspiring for me, I go and sleep now and tomorrow start practicing the 70h so I can get some of his amazing sound. Yes you should all have been a fly on the wall and listen him. :good:

Leif
imsevimse

Post by imsevimse »

:good: Thanks for sharing this both of you. This is really a good thing will Internet and forums like this, to make friends.

/Tom
Tbarh

Post by Tbarh »

Wow... You played in Oslo on sunday? Should have known! I live 45 min. away.. What did You play?
Trond
FOSSIL

Post by FOSSIL »

Tbarh wrote: ↑Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:59 am Wow... You played in Oslo on sunday? Should have known! I live 45 min. away.. What did You play?
Trond
It was Saturday... sorry, I should have put a notice up here. It would have been nice to meet. It was contemporary performance art/music... me playing pedal Z#s, blowing up balloons and bursting bubbles with my slide... just as well you missed that !

Chris
Tbarh

Post by Tbarh »

FOSSIL wrote: ↑Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:53 am
Tbarh wrote: ↑Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:59 am Wow... You played in Oslo on sunday? Should have known! I live 45 min. away.. What did You play?
Trond
It was Saturday... sorry, I should have put a notice up here. It would have been nice to meet. It was contemporary performance art/music... me playing pedal Z#s, blowing up balloons and bursting bubbles with my slide... just as well you missed that !

Chris
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Doug Elliott

Post by Doug Elliott »

I think I would have travelled to Oslo to see that!
"I know a thing or two because I've seen a thing or two."
DougHulme

Post by DougHulme »

Me too... Back in 2005 in New Orleans I listened to Dave Taylor do something like that, I've still got the balloon pinned to my studio wall - I never did get it. Chris is much less scary than Dave, he might have explained it to me!!!

Doug
WGWTR180

Post by WGWTR180 »

Glad your visit was a good one Chris. Sounds like Savio is a guy, like yourself, we should all hang out with!!!
FOSSIL

Post by FOSSIL »

Yes Bill, Leif is a great guy and still SO KEEN !!!
Perhaps I could get over for Doug's birthday... and blow up some balloons....

Chris
JohnL

Post by JohnL »

FOSSIL wrote: ↑Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:52 am... and blow up some balloons....
Now you've done it. You're talking about blowing something up; you're gonna end up on the no fly list.
DougHulme

Post by DougHulme »

Funny you should say that... about ten years ago I got home (home was a little cottage in the middle of the Hampshire (UK) countryside, nearest neighbour a mile away). To find my family in stictches of laughter - we had just had a visit from the FBI, accompanied by a bemused english policewoman. My middle son used to design and host web sites - he had one for an American artist (Toy Soldiers or something? cant remember) anyway some, not so sophisticated, US software searches the web and one of the songs lyrics appeared on the said web site. in one verse was the word school in another verse was the word explosion in yet another verse was the word shoot... Said son was living at home and the address for the web host came to my cottage so 6,000 miles or so away we were under investigation... It wouldnt have happened when we were running the colony, I tell you!... Doug
Posaunus

Post by Posaunus »

And from the recent news, we've learned that the stupid things that you do as a teenager may resurface decades later, to your embarrassment / dismay / horror / career ruination! :weep:
Savio

Post by Savio »

One last word. It's so important to listen pro players like Chris face to face. It gives you something that can't be trough recordings, videos or internet.
Chris is so positive, understanding and inspiring. Thanks Chris!!!
And Cheers!
FOSSIL

Post by FOSSIL »

Thanks Leif,
I found your enthusiasm inspiring... keep it up !!

Chris
afugate

Post by afugate »

Savio wrote: ↑Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:13 am One last word. It's so important to listen pro players like Chris face to face. It gives you something that can't be trough recordings, videos or internet.
Chris is so positive, understanding and inspiring. Thanks Chris!!!
And Cheers!
Agreed on both counts. :good:

--Andy in OKC
johny5

Post by johny5 »

Great.

Return to β€œMusicians”