Joseph Alessi - David Concertino?

Discuss the people that make the music here.
trombiano

Joseph Alessi - David Concertino?

Post by trombiano »

Hello.
I am currently looking for a recording of Joseph Alessi playing the Ferdinand David's Concertino for Trombone with an orchestra. I know that there is this one:

but... meh. I have no beef with Alessi and I passionately follow this YouTube channel but on this particular video, the orchestra is, just meh.
I somehow can't seem to find a recording anywhere, and I would like to find out if there is one. I thank you for your help in advance.

Regards

P.S.
This is my first post on this forum. Please excuse me if I am taking anything out of the ordinary :)
BurckhardtS

Re: Joseph Alessi - David Concertino?

Post by BurckhardtS »

I believe Mr. Alessi has not recorded this piece professionally on an album. This, and the one with New York Wind Symphony are the only two recordings currently of him performing it. This recording is a very good recording, but you are right in the orchestra leaving a lot to be desired. Same with the New York Wind Symphony one.

My favorite recording is this one:
Shires - 7YM, TX, Axial, TW47 - Greg Black NY 1
YSL354 - XT LN106, C+, D3
bcschipper

Post by bcschipper »

My favorite recording would be
GMB

Post by GMB »

Not Alessi, but ARD competition 2015
LarryPrestonRoberson

Post by LarryPrestonRoberson »

I recently heard Joe Alessi perform in Athens, Georgia. He had some CDs in the lobby, which I perused; I seem to recall that one of them had the David Concertino, but I could be mistaken.

Return to “Musicians”