Quincy Jones "Big Band Bossa Nova"

Discuss the people that make the music here.
bigbandbone

Quincy Jones "Big Band Bossa Nova"

Post by bigbandbone »

Does anyone know who played bass bone on the Quincy Jones album "Big Band Bossa Nova"?
afugate

Re: Quincy Jones "Big Band Bossa Nova"

Post by afugate »

Looks like it was Alan Raph. Tasty, isn't it?

--Andy in OKC
bigbandbone

Post by bigbandbone »

afugate wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 7:19 am Looks like it was Alan Raph. Tasty, isn't it?

--Andy in OKC
Very tasty! I'm currently re-writing the bass bone part in the arrangement of Soul Bossa Nova my band plays (which is a little watered down) to follow what he played! I think the guys in the band will dig it!
dukesboneman

Post by dukesboneman »

I would think it was more Paul Faulice or Tony Studd judging from the time period
Jimprindle

Post by Jimprindle »

According to Wikapedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Band_Bossa_Nova Alan Raph is listed as the only trombonist and Clark Terry as the only trumpet/flugelhorn
Massimo69

Post by Massimo69 »

Paul Faulise and Tony Studd I know was there... I asked to Quincy Jones when I worked with him... But he remember just Paul Faulise... I seen on web site some years ago was Tony and Paul... The best NY 60's bass trombonist in town... Check out Enoch light big band bossa nova a lot of Paul' solos and two brass menagerie volumes (in fact many more) Kai Winding incredibile trombones (with Tony too) and Oscar Peterson lp To Nat with respect with few Tony' solos... Also out of the cool Gil Evans and Kai Winding trombones lps in 60's

Return to “Musicians”