Who played Connie's trombone in the movie Soul?

Discuss the people that make the music here.
HankSolotone

Who played Connie's trombone in the movie Soul?

Post by HankSolotone »

Hi all, just watched the new Disney movie "Soul" and can't find who played trombone parts of Connie in it. I found them really good :good:
Such a shame that this musician wasn't credited.
Vegasbound

Re: Who played Connie's trombone in the movie Soul?

Post by Vegasbound »

There is already a thread on this..... Andy Martin
HankSolotone

Post by HankSolotone »

Oh, thanks!
DougHulme

Post by DougHulme »

Actually he did get credited, if you are prepared to watch about 2 hours of credits! I was thinking the same thing as I waded through the millions of people credited.

In most films the Gaffers assistant assistant, in charge of making sandwiches gets mentioned earlier but often the muscians are not mentioned at all and when you consider how much study, practice and experience goes into getting them to where they are asked to record - its more of an effort and a greater achievement than the star actor who headlines. Its a topsy turvy world... Doug
quiethorn

Post by quiethorn »

DougHulme wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:43 pm Actually he did get credited, if you are prepared to watch about 2 hours of credits! I was thinking the same thing as I waded through the millions of people credited.

In most films the Gaffers assistant assistant, in charge of making sandwiches gets mentioned earlier but often the muscians are not mentioned at all and when you consider how much study, practice and experience goes into getting them to where they are asked to record - its more of an effort and a greater achievement than the star actor who headlines. Its a topsy turvy world... Doug
Andy Martin made me a sandwich once and it tasted like absolute garbage :idk:
TuckerWoerner

Post by TuckerWoerner »

DougHulme wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:43 pm Actually he did get credited, if you are prepared to watch about 2 hours of credits! I was thinking the same thing as I waded through the millions of people credited.

Actually, he did not get credited. It has sparked a fair amount of debate online. Andy Martin personally made several comments on Kenny Rampton's Facebook post about the snub. Here is the list of credits: https://pixar.fandom.com/wiki/Soul_Credits. There is no mention of Martin or trombone in the credits.
Posaunus

Post by Posaunus »

TuckerWoerner wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:40 am Actually, he did not get credited. It has sparked a fair amount of debate online. Andy Martin personally made several comments on Kenny Rampton's Facebook post about the snub.
Here is the list of credits: https://pixar.fandom.com/wiki/Soul_Credits.
There is no mention of Martin or trombone in the credits.
Yup - I looked. Clear down to the "Music" section where there's a category "Featured Jazz Musicians " I see no mention there (or anywhere else) of Andy Martin. I can see why he'd be disappointed!
imsevimse

Post by imsevimse »

Next time when anyone of you guys do a trombone dubbing on a Disney picture make sure to have the problem solved in the contract, also make them know there were a lot of tromboneplayers last time who refused to see the full picture because Andy Martin was not getting his credits in the text. The tromboneplayers from Sweden, besides saying hello, sends a message that they refuse too se anything BUT the scenes where Andy plays until mr Martin gets his credits spread worldwhile and the news becomes official in announcements all over the world. You can tell Andy Martin he has my full support.
Best whishes in person from Tom.

/Tom

Return to “Musicians”