Interview With Jacob Garchik

Discuss the people that make the music here.
newsfromtheshed

Interview With Jacob Garchik

Post by newsfromtheshed »

Hey guys, I run a blog of Q&As with musicians on how they practice, and thought Trombone Chat members might be particular interested in today's post - an interview with trombonist Jacob Garchik.

https://newsfromtheshed.com/jacob-garchik/

He's a brilliant thinker and player and I hope you'll take a look. It's a new project and I'm not a trombonist so if you have any constructive criticism I'd be very interested. Thanks and hope you enjoy.

- Jake
Wilktone

Re: Interview With Jacob Garchik

Post by Wilktone »

Nice!

I've got a couple of Jacob's albums, "Abstract" and "Romance." I've got another one that has him on accordion, The Four Bags "Live at Barbes." I think he's also a member of the forum here.
--
David Wilken
https://wilktone.com
PaulTdot

Post by PaulTdot »

Wonderful interview here with Jacob. What a thoughtful cat.

Really enjoyed it!

(My one gripe is that I'm pretty sure J.J.'s "In Person" album wasn't actually recorded live...)
Paul T.
---
XO Brass Recording Artist
1236L-O
HermanGerman

Post by HermanGerman »

Paul: Do you think they faked the live situation (applause, JJ´s announcements)?
ithinknot

Post by ithinknot »

HermanGerman wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:21 am Paul: Do you think they faked the live situation (applause, JJ´s announcements)?
Absolutely. It's a studio recording.

If you want to hear it without the 'extras', Misterioso, Laura, What Is This Thing Called Love and My Old Flame all reappear clean on the 1989 'The Trombone Master' compilation.
HermanGerman

Post by HermanGerman »

Yes, I have that compilation,´ but I thought this would be the edited version of the live concert..
J.J. introduced the band..."better late than never"...and so on..this made me think it was live. For me it the best playing of him and Nat ever...
johntarr

Post by johntarr »

newsfromtheshed wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:58 am Hey guys, I run a blog of Q&As with musicians on how they practice, and thought Trombone Chat members might be particular interested in today's post - an interview with trombonist Jacob Garchik.

https://newsfromtheshed.com/jacob-garchik/

He's a brilliant thinker and player and I hope you'll take a look. It's a new project and I'm not a trombonist so if you have any constructive criticism I'd be very interested. Thanks and hope you enjoy.

- Jake
Thanks for writing that, I found it very it very interesting.

John

Return to “Musicians”