RIP Bob Reeves

Discuss the people that make the music here.
harrisonreed

RIP Bob Reeves

Post by harrisonreed »

I just found out about this today, and I don't think this has been posted yet. Bob passed on the 18th, and is a legend in the trumpet community, particularly in Japan. We got to meet his staff a few years ago at JoyBrass, when they were doing valve alignments for trumpets and showing off their new mouthpieces. Eric Miyashiro just happened to walk in and we all talked for a bit. What an awesome day. I handed off a mouthpiece to be customized and got it back a few weeks later, and it has been the only mouthpiece I've used on large tenor since.

I never met Bob, but only know of him through his reputation and the wonderful staff he had taken under his wing. This is a huge loss to the brass community, and I just wanted to share my own positive experiences regarding his company and work.
JohnL

Re: RIP Bob Reeves

Post by JohnL »

Sad news, indeed. It's only been in the last few years that he's really started to move the needle in the trombone world, but he was a force in the trumpet world for a long time.
timbone

Re: RIP Bob Reeves

Post by timbone »

Sorry to respond late to this. I met Bob at an itg trumpet conference as we were manning booths across from each other. I really didn't know much about him, but he took to me like I was his buddy. I had three days with him and he was a great story teller. All the while, important members of the trumpet community would come by to say hello- it was like he was the Pope! The respect he got in the community was undeniable.

Return to “Musicians”