56 Days of Practice

How and what to teach and learn.
Kyle4261

56 Days of Practice

Post by Kyle4261 »

Hi folks,

Just sharing a little project I’ve completed over the past few months. In short, when I started this series it had been 56 days since I last played my trombone in a live performance - it was Beethoven 5 on a tenor trombone for those interested!

Due to living in a block of flats, I couldn’t practice without a mute as I just couldn’t face disturbing my flat mate or neighbours.

After the 56 days of no playing at all, I eventually gained access to the church where I am the resident organist and was allowed to use the main building everyday. In order to keep motivated with my practice, I decided to film a daily video showing my progress and... rehab let’s say. Here’s the results.

It’s a mixture of ideas and methods that I’ve picked up over the years as well as a few of my favourite orchestral excerpts and recital pieces. There’s even a few contrabass videos in there too!

I hope you enjoy and find some use from them. It’s been a real pleasure seeing the positive interaction from social media during this horrific time for us all.

I wish you all well.

Bass trombone with the Hallé Orchestra, Manchester UK
Instagram/Twitter: kyle4261
SwissTbone

Re: 56 Days of Practice

Post by SwissTbone »

Love your videos!

Didn't realize you weren't able to practice during two months. Now I have to listen to video number 1 :-)
ƒƒ---------------------------------------------------ƒƒ
Like trombones? Head over to https://swisstbone.com/ to see some great vintage and custom horns!
FOSSIL

Post by FOSSIL »

That was really nice to listen to and brought back many happy memories of our sessions together. You are so very careful and focused in your work. Much there for other players to think about and incorporate into their own work.

Chris
RustBeltBass

Post by RustBeltBass »

I really enjoyed seeing these videos and your approach to fundamentals, thanks for sharing, Kyle !
Savio

Post by Savio »

:good: it's so inspiring. It's so good sound. I hope we will listen more from you. This is a big opportunity to all, old or young, to get inspiration. :good:

Leif
jcfitz7

Post by jcfitz7 »

Thank you Kyle. I am a new trombone player and I find your videos to be extremely helpful.

Best,

Jason

Return to “Teaching & Learning”