Recorder

How and what to teach and learn.
rmb796

Recorder

Post by rmb796 »

Hi everyone,
Does anyone know of a SIMPLE quality way of recording my practice and playing it back?
I have a ZOOM H2n but I am always hitting the wrong button and I hate using it (I am very technically challenged).
What I had in mind is something like the ones I used in the 60's that had four buttons: stop-play-record-rewind. LOL

I had a nice app on my phone but they went and changed it.

Thanks
harrisonreed

Re: Recorder

Post by harrisonreed »

Hook your zoom up to a laptop with the USB, and set it up in the "audio interface" mode (very easy to do). Then you can record using your DAW, like audacity.

I can't think of a simpler way to record than hitting the red button on your zoom though. It might be impossible find a simpler way.
Kingfan

Post by Kingfan »

I feel your pain. I used to record my bands on a cassette deck, and had a four track reel to reel that I did multi-tracking on back in the 70s and 80s. I picked up a Tascam digital recorder and never figured out how to get it from the unit to the computer to a CD. Neither could my buddy with a Zoom! Wish I had had kids/grandkids around to teach me...
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are still missing! :D
Greg Songer
King 606, King 3B-F: DE LT101/LTD/D3
King 4B-F: Bach 5G Megatone gold plated
King 2107 bass: DE MB109/MB J/J8 King
timothy42b

Post by timothy42b »

I use the Zoom into my laptop running the free Audacity. When you plug it into the laptop, you choose storage or audio. That's the only time you could screw up.

Hit the red button, play, hit the stop button, playback. So simple even I can do it. My laptop is connected to an old stereo and some decent speakers, anything is better than laptop speakers though.

Most of the time though your phone camera on the music stand is good enough - it will catch any errors in intonation, rhythm, articulation just as well as a good mike. The only thing it probably doesn't do is tone.

Long ago I bought a minidisc. Still have it, don't use it. Seemed like a good idea but I never figured how to transfer files.
rmb796

Post by rmb796 »

Thanks for all you suggestions. I guess I need to spend more time learning. I like the idea of hooking it up to my computer.
Thanks

Return to “Teaching & Learning”