Jazz Trombone Ballads - Book Crowdfunding

How and what to teach and learn.
alberttrombone

Jazz Trombone Ballads - Book Crowdfunding

Post by alberttrombone »

Hello everyone,

I’m crowdfunding to publish my first book, Jazz Trombone Ballads. This book is a mix of:

- Jazz Vocalises. Eleven ballad transcriptions of some of the great players (Jack Teagarden, J.J. Johnson, Melba Liston, Carl Fontana, Frank Rosolino…). It’s kinda like a Jazz Rochut.

- History of the jazz trombone. Each player is contextualized in history with a biography full of anecdotes, quotes from their contemporaries, other trombone players, historians…

- Technical stuff. How do we play articulations in jazz? Which mutes do we use?

This book is aimed at students and professional players of all levels, and is a great entry to jazz playing for classical musicians (it's aimed mostly at students from Catalonia, Spain, etc... where we don't have much jazz trombone teaching/history resources in spanish/catalan).

Also, the book is illustrated by the awesome artist Hermes LeBleu and has a modern and original layout. It’s written in Spanish and you can support its production through the following link. Also, there are beautiful t-shirts and prints. (we can ship everywhere including US, Europe, South America...)

I'm very happy to share it with you in TromboneChat, where I always find answers to all kind of trombone questions and doubts.

Thanks a lot and I hope you like it!-

https://vkm.is/jazztromboneballads
muschem

Re: Jazz Trombone Ballads - Book Crowdfunding

Post by muschem »

What a beautiful project! I love the art and contextualization. I understand and appreciate targeting an underserved demographic, but I also wonder if you have plans to release an English translation edition? Either way, I think this is great, and I wish you much success.
Mike Shirley

Tenor trombone
Austin Symphonic Band

Bass trombone
Williamson County Symphony Orchestra
alberttrombone

Re: Jazz Trombone Ballads - Book Crowdfunding

Post by alberttrombone »

Thank you!

I'm glad you like it! For the moment I don't have plans to translate it... it's been a lot of work just in one language jejejejeje but I dont' discard it in the future.

Albert
muschem wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 11:18 am What a beautiful project! I love the art and contextualization. I understand and appreciate targeting an underserved demographic, but I also wonder if you have plans to release an English translation edition? Either way, I think this is great, and I wish you much success.

Return to “Teaching & Learning”