Holton Reference Materials from 1962

BGuttman

Holton Reference Materials from 1962

Post by BGuttman »

I received the following two images from flotrb to try to help ID Holton trombones.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"
2bobone

Re: Holton Reference Materials from 1962

Post by 2bobone »

Bruce --- WOW ! What a treat to see those Holton references to the Model 169 ! I owned one for several years right after they became available and enjoyed it immensely. I recently came across some quintet recordings in which I used it and after hearing those recordings I'm sorry that I ever let it go ! I had an opportunity to buy a custom Conn 70H with a Reynolds "F & E" setup that turned my head and so the Holton had to go --- to Ted Griffith, former bass trombonist of the Baltimore Symphony who was in transition to The Montreal Symphony. The setup was a little bit of a "Rube Goldberg" contraption, although it was quite effective in use. I'm pretty sure that there was a tuning slide on that "E"valve, but what a shame it wouldn't pull out far enough to be a "D" Valve. Good memories -- thanks !
Ndwood

Post by Ndwood »

Does anyone know anything about the 153? I can’t find much of anything on it on the internet.
flotrb

Post by flotrb »

Check out this site:
https://saxophone.org/museum/publicatio ... acturer/54

Look for the Holton 1960 catalog
(Trust...but verify)

Return to “Instruments”