Martin Handcraft Troubadour

JPresson

Martin Handcraft Troubadour

Post by JPresson »

Good Day Everyone,

I saw today for the first time ever a picture of a Martin Handcraft Troubadour trombone. The guy who showed it to me said he bought it at an auction fairly cheap, thinking it might be good for his son to play in band. I can't find anything about about this horn except that, maybe, it actually exists. Does anyone have any information to offer? In the meantime, I told the owner that any functional Martin trombone with the word "Handcraft" etched in the bell should probably not be given to a beginner. Any ideas?

Jeff
BGuttman

Re: Martin Handcraft Troubadour

Post by BGuttman »

I would hesitate to give a beginner any instrument with friction fit between the slide and bell.

A Martin with a bell nut and slide lock is probably durable enough to be used by a beginner. The Imperial and Committee I have/had were certainly plenty gutsy. Probably better than a lot of the cheap Chinese stuff sold today.
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"
JPresson

Post by JPresson »

This horn has the thumb screw bell lock and from the pictures it looked to be in amazingly good condition.

I could not find any information on specs, or anything else for that matter. I could find plenty of information on the Troubadour saxophones and trumpets. The trumpet was referred to as the peashooter. I was wondering if this trombone would have been Martin's answer to the small bore Conn 2H. Any suggestions on how to find information?
fwbassbone

Post by fwbassbone »

The Handcraft trumpets were the forerunner of the Committee Model.

Return to “Instruments”