Any Info on: Courtois Prestige Symphonic 400 ?

shider

Any Info on: Courtois Prestige Symphonic 400 ?

Post by shider »

Hi,

so a student of mine got an instrument from our "Musikverein" to play on while learning the trombone as a double (in addition to him playing the oval "german" style bariton).

Considering that it is ans instrument with removable Leadpipe, convertible bell section (straight to rotary F-att.) with both parts included and in almost mint condition i am a little dumbfounded where they got that Instrument..
This is not an entry level instrument and courtois is not a brand well established around here..
It's not that the student treats the instrument badly, but it might be a possibility for him to buy that instrument from the "Verein" instead of going on the hunt for another one.. I wouldn't want to give that instrument to a 10-year old who bashes the slide into anything in close proximity :frown:

Does any of you have any information on when this model was produced and what price range it would fit into?
Right now i am assuming it's a predecessor of their 420, but i really don't know, so any help is appreciated! :good:

Thanks!
Shider
Wilco

Re: Any Info on: Courtois Prestige Symphonic 400 ?

Post by Wilco »

Hi,

I asked a simular question about 3 year ago on the gone tromboneforum.org for the 300R (a predecessor). The 400 was discussed aa well.

From memory: it was developed with the French style of playing in mind by Michel Becquet and others. Not the Bach copy they make now. I think it was produced early 90-ties.
timbone

Re: Any Info on: Courtois Prestige Symphonic 400 ?

Post by timbone »

This instrument is probably from the early 90's. It wasn't until mid 90's that Gerhard Meinl was distributing Courtois (under Triumph Adler) and involved Michel Becquet in the redesign, now being the 420 series. Yes those horns were interesting , designed for pros, and modular. I have seen some outfits with double bell hard cases from that period as well, and the Evolution trombone series.

Return to “Instruments”