King Legend Series Flyer?

harrisonreed

King Legend Series Flyer?

Post by harrisonreed »

Anyone have any of the promotional materials or flyers for the new Kings they are building? PDF would be great!

Also, did they change the valve design? Looks larger than the one I have from the 60's.
chromebone

Re: King Legend Series Flyer?

Post by chromebone »

On the website, Kings look pretty much the same as they have for the past 20-30 years. The valves on Kings were enlarged back in the 1970’s and ‘80’s.
Bach42t

Post by Bach42t »

"New" as in as of 2014 and beyond models? I think I have that flyer somewhere.
tbonesullivan

Post by tbonesullivan »

I'm still kinda miffed that they revamp the line with new engraving and a better counterweight, and then pull the rug from under Eastlake and moved production to Elkhart after so many years.

Has the quality returned to the Eastlake levels yet?
David S. - daveyboy37 from TTF
Bach 39, LT36B, 42BOF & 42T, King 2103 / 3b, Kanstul 1570CR & 1588CR, Yamaha YBL-612 RII, YBL-822G & YBL-830, B&H Eb Tuba, Sterling 1056GHS Euphonium,
Livingston Symphony Orchestra NJ - Trombone
Bach42t

Post by Bach42t »

tbonesullivan wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:21 pm I'm still kinda miffed that they revamp the line with new engraving and a better counterweight, and then pull the rug from under Eastlake and moved production to Elkhart after so many years.

Has the quality returned to the Eastlake levels yet?
I special ordered a 2B+ with gold bell a few years ago, 2017. It was a complete dog in construction. I cannot believe they let it out of the factory like that. I can't find the thread, but I posted photos of just how bad it was.

Conn-Selmer seems to be more about social issues/experiments and supporting current political movements these days. I wish they would focus that kind of energy and passion fixing misaligned slides and shoddy construction. Otherwise, they have excellent good customer service and will remedy warranty issues. I give them tons of credit in that department.
SlideCrook

Post by SlideCrook »

Here is what I picked up a few months ago at a trade show. Just a folded 17x11
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tbonesullivan

Post by tbonesullivan »

Wait, so are those old flyers, or did they keep the same engraving when the moved? Or did they just move the Conn trombones to Elkhart? I'm confused.
David S. - daveyboy37 from TTF
Bach 39, LT36B, 42BOF & 42T, King 2103 / 3b, Kanstul 1570CR & 1588CR, Yamaha YBL-612 RII, YBL-822G & YBL-830, B&H Eb Tuba, Sterling 1056GHS Euphonium,
Livingston Symphony Orchestra NJ - Trombone
harrisonreed

Post by harrisonreed »

Thanks guys!!!
harrisonreed

Post by harrisonreed »

tbonesullivan wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:24 pm Wait, so are those old flyers, or did they keep the same engraving when the moved? Or did they just move the Conn trombones to Elkhart? I'm confused.

The latest one I got to play is a 3BF from Elkhart, I think. Brand spanking new. Other than some solder drips on the inside of the tuning slide, the fit and finish is impeccable. The horn plays really tight! In a good way.

I was a bit jealous, but I would want one in ADDITION to my Silversonic 3BF, not to replace it.

Return to “Instruments”