Cannonball

Elow

Cannonball

Post by Elow »

What’s your opinion on cannonball trombones? I have one of their pro-intermediate horns with me and i really don’t like it. I see a lot of their student models too, and my opinion is still the same. Even their student saxes, which is what their known for, are just not that good compared to a student yamaha. I’ve heard some trumpet players like their horns, but i just can’t see why. Maybe it’s just me, but i don’t think they’re that good, especially for the price.
teachyteach

Re: Cannonball

Post by teachyteach »

I have tried a few of their trumpets that are truly exceptional, really amazing horns. Ive tried a lot more that were fine and compared well to the garden variety yamaha 8335 or bach 37. Their pro saxes tend to be really well made and great horns for lots of people. Have not been impressed by their student saxes (which look like stencil horns to me) and had no idea they even made trombones.
Elow

Re: Cannonball

Post by Elow »

teachyteach wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:25 am I have tried a few of their trumpets that are truly exceptional, really amazing horns. Ive tried a lot more that were fine and compared well to the garden variety yamaha 8335 or bach 37. Their pro saxes tend to be really well made and great horns for lots of people. Have not been impressed by their student saxes (which look like stencil horns to me) and had no idea they even made trombones.
That’s what i’ve been thinking too. We have a couple of their pro sopranos and tenors and they play super well. Probably the best soprano i’ve played. Their beginner altos are constantly breaking, they are built like literal twigs.

Return to “Instruments”