eBay seller "ilovebadgirls"

bigbandbone

eBay seller "ilovebadgirls"

Post by bigbandbone »

Has anyone had a transaction with eBay seller "ilovebadgirls"?
Good transaction or bad transaction?
Elow

Re: eBay seller "ilovebadgirls"

Post by Elow »

There’s an older topic of the same dude selling a williams i think. He wasn’t very nice and he overpriced it
Elow

Post by Elow »

DougHulme

Post by DougHulme »

Lets not fry the guy twice. he got a rough ride that last time, there are members here who have bought from him and are happy with him, he has great feedback. From his point of view it looks like many of us were affronted by the fact that he said he would sell to the best offer, he just made the mistake of suggesting a much higher buy it now price than anyone thought was reasonable. He sold the horn just fine (though we never did find out for how much). Lets give the guy a break and I dont think he was rude considering how he got hammerred he just justified himself and was a liitle critical of some members (with some justification)... Doug
greenbean

Post by greenbean »

I have bought several horns from him over the years. He treated me right.
Tom in San Francisco
Currently playing...
Bach Corp 16M
Many French horns
BGuttman

Post by BGuttman »

Man, the name doesn't inspire confidence. :idk:
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"
DougHulme

Post by DougHulme »

Thats true!!
JohnL

Post by JohnL »

Maybe just a big Donna Summer fan?
imsevimse

Post by imsevimse »

BGuttman wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:05 pm Man, the name doesn't inspire confidence. :idk:
I would never trust a guy with bad judgement. To choose a name like that is bad taste and that's real bad judgement, but that's my choice.

/Tom
Tremozl

Post by Tremozl »

Names can sometimes reveal something about people, but people can change too. On self reflection, mine could illustrate the anxiety issue that I used to struggle with. Tremolo or trembling aren't exactly words of confidence :D
BGuttman

Post by BGuttman »

I'm glad we are having this discussion. If he's a legit seller and has a good record, we need to get past the name.
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"
Bach5G

Post by Bach5G »

It may be a holdover from the early days of email/the Internet. A b-i-l used to be “Freakman####” back in the day.

Or maybe the vendor has his EBay account mixed up with his Tinder account.
ithinknot

Post by ithinknot »

Bach5G wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:04 pm It may be a holdover from the early days of email/the Internet.
Exactly - and on eBay, a new name would mean abandoning one's feedback record, so youthful indiscretions are probably going to stick around. Don't worry about it.
DougHulme

Post by DougHulme »

It might also represent a sense of humour. I have sometimes found things amusing when others have frowned upon them. He is a member here, he will be reading these comments and he has dealt successfully and honourable with other members here as has been pointed out. We are not as a group being very frendly or embracing towards him.
imsevimse

Post by imsevimse »

DougHulme wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:20 pm It might also represent a sense of humour. I have sometimes found things amusing when others have frowned upon them. He is a member here, he will be reading these comments and he has dealt successfully and honourable with other members here as has been pointed out. We are not as a group being very frendly or embracing towards him.
It depends. I'm considering my comment as good advice. If he wants to do business with people that think like me then he should do better if he just changed that name. I call that free advice. He can choose to ignore my comment too, thats fine and I don't care. People like me will never buy if we don't trust, and business is really about trust. I have humor and I can laugh at that name, but I won't buy.

/Tom
DougHulme

Post by DougHulme »

Tom - I cant really fault your logic and you make a perfectly valid point. Personally, I just feel awkard, its like talking about someone when they are in the room and can hear what we are saying about them but yet ignoring them. But of course it isnt actually like that, it's just how it makes me feel. Probably a good job he's not a professional salesman then!! Kindest... Doug
Kingfan

Post by Kingfan »

If somebody with a funky eBay handle and little or no feedback is selling something, I would be hesitant to buy. If it is an eBay seller with great feedback and well written posts, most of the hesitation about the name would go away. If I found out they were a member of this forum and well regarded, I would have no more hesitation to buy than if the handle was something "normal". My .02 worth.
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are still missing! :D
Greg Songer
King 606, King 3B-F: DE LT101/LTD/D3
King 4B-F: Bach 5G Megatone gold plated
King 2107 bass: DE MB109/MB J/J8 King
bwilliams

Post by bwilliams »

I have purchased several horns from him. Always a good transaction.
DougHulme

Post by DougHulme »

If both greenbean and bwilliams have both bought several horns from and are happy, he has good feedback on his ebay account and he is a member here, I dont think there is much more to be said he is obviously, to coin an old fashioned phrase, a 'good egg'... Doug
RoscoTrombone

Post by RoscoTrombone »

A long time ago I set up an email account for my wife - we weren't married at this point though - and for a laugh used cluelessm as she was always saying silly things...she still uses it and is embarrassed. I'm shocked she then went on to marry me 😂

But as Shakespeare wrote "what's in a name?"

Ross
78HBalaban

Post by 78HBalaban »

Count me among those who have had a good buying experience, and I am no troglodyte. Have recently been reading about Deborah in the bible lately. Now she's my idea of a bad girl.

Return to “Instruments”