Bach Liberty?

Jimbbob

Bach Liberty?

Post by Jimbbob »

Surprisingly little info available about this model. Where would this fall in the tiers of Bach trombones? The one I’m inquiring about has an f attachment (open wrap). Is this an older student model?
Thanks as always for any insight!
Elow

Re: Bach Liberty?

Post by Elow »

Is this a new model? Haven’t heard of it before. What era?
Mamaposaune

Post by Mamaposaune »

If it's the one I'm thinking of, at first glance it looks identical to a 42BO, especially the slide. The bell section does not have nickle trim. I came across one on eBay, maybe 15 years ago, like new, for $500. I had a student on a tight budget looking for a horn so it got passed on to him. I would estimate it played at least 95 percent as well as most Strads, at about 1/3 of the price.
Also, the only info I could find at the time (unconfirmed) is that Music and Arts sold them for a short time.
Jimbbob

Post by Jimbbob »

Thanks mama! That’s exactly right. It looks exactly like a 42bo. There are some differences in trim otherwise it’s extremely similar. This one comes with a case that says Liberty on it so it appears to be a legitimate model produced by Bach. I’m just surprised there’s so little information available about this horn!
Mamaposaune

Post by Mamaposaune »

Hope you have a chance to try it out first, but if it plays as well as my student's horn I don't think you'll be disappointed.
One more thing I forgot is the bell flare, which was a two-piece if I remember right.
gradytbone

Post by gradytbone »

I believe they did a similar thing with their Bach 16, although I don't remember what they called it.
Kingfan

Post by Kingfan »

Ignore my post. I tried to delete it, but no luck.
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are still missing! :D
Greg Songer
King 606, King 3B-F: DE LT101/LTD/D3
King 4B-F: Bach 5G Megatone gold plated
King 2107 bass: DE MB109/MB J/J8 King

Return to “Instruments”