Question About King 2b Slide

mlshermancpa

Question About King 2b Slide

Post by mlshermancpa »

Hi All:

I have a question about my King 2b slide. My 2b Liberty bell has a serial number that puts it in the 1970's but the slide has 1206 engraved on the grip. The serial numbers from the 70's are all six digits so I'm wondering if this is just the 2b model number from back in the day. Anyone have any insight?
Hobart

Re: Question About King 2b Slide

Post by Hobart »

It might just be a number that corresponds to what parts went to what horn in the factory. My 3BF bell has its rotor marked "656".
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
BGuttman

Post by BGuttman »

The slide number is a part number. Very old (pre WWII) King trombones had serial numbers on all parts. That stopped some time in the 1950s.

Note to Hobart: you probably also have a 4 digit number on your slide. The 6 digit serial number goes on the bell connector (which has the threads -- the nut is on the slide). My King 7B has two different 3 digit numbers on the rotors.
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"
Hobart

Post by Hobart »

BGuttman wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:23 pm The slide number is a part number. Very old (pre WWII) King trombones had serial numbers on all parts. That stopped some time in the 1950s.

Note to Hobart: you probably also have a 4 digit number on your slide. The 6 digit serial number goes on the bell connector (which has the threads -- the nut is on the slide). My King 7B has two different 3 digit numbers on the rotors.
I don't even have a slide, I was just going off the bell. It's a quite long story.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Return to “Instruments”