Selmer Largo Question

wasbrassonce

Selmer Largo Question

Post by wasbrassonce »

I looked through all the posts I could find but did not see an answer to this. I have a Henry Selmer Largo trombone (4514), I'd say in good condition, the bell has a couple dings but the slide is very smooth. I still have the original case and a more modern case as well. I just don't play it anymore and I am looking at moving it on down the road to someone who will use it. What is a fair price for it? or at least a ballpark price range for something like that. Thanks in advance.
hyperbolica

Re: Selmer Largo Question

Post by hyperbolica »

There's only one listed on ebay, and it has a bid at $550. So I'd say that to at least one person, it's worth at least $550. There's one on Facebook for $1250. Another on Brass Ark for $550.

You can start it high, and then bring it down over time. That's one way to find what it's worth. Really depends on what condition it's in.
wasbrassonce

Post by wasbrassonce »

Thanks, I saw that one on ebay and just couldn't find anything else to compare it to.
Finetales

Post by Finetales »

I bought my straight Largo for $800 from DJ (if I remember right...), and sold it for the same amount. For a straight horn somewhere reasonably close than that would be a good place to start I think. If it's get the F valve (rarer) it's worth a bit more.
wasbrassonce

Post by wasbrassonce »

Thanks, That gives me a good range to consider
Jimkinkella

Post by Jimkinkella »

A straight Largo in good condition is definitely in the $7-800 ballpark. Maybe a bit less with a few dings.It's at least a good starting point.

Return to “Instruments”