Who made this trombone? Mansfield American.

Kingfan

Who made this trombone? Mansfield American.

Post by Kingfan »

I can't find anything about a Mansfield American. I'm guessing it is a stencil, but whose? Owner has no clue.
Mansfield American 2.jpg
Mansfield American 2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are still missing! :D
Greg Songer
King 606, King 3B-F: DE LT101/LTD/D3
King 4B-F: Bach 5G Megatone gold plated
King 2107 bass: DE MB109/MB J/J8 King
Crazy4Tbone86

Re: Who made this trombone? Mansfield American.

Post by Crazy4Tbone86 »

This is all hypothesis.....

Many instruments have been named after geographical locations. I know of four Mansfield municipalities off the top of my head.......Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, Ohio and Texas. I am sure there are probably a few more.

The Keefer Instrument Company was located in Williamsport, PA for many years. Mansfield is located north of Williamsport on Route 15. Possibly the “Mansfield” trombone was a prototype instrument for the Keefer Company.

Since Mansfield, MA is in a more populated area, there is probably a greater chance that a Boston-area instrument maker made that instrument. Again, all hypothesis....
Brian D. Hinkley - Player, Teacher, Technician and Trombone Enthusiast
Kingfan

Re: Who made this trombone? Mansfield American.

Post by Kingfan »

Crazy4Tbone86 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:34 am This is all hypothesis.....

Many instruments have been named after geographical locations. I know of four Mansfield municipalities off the top of my head.......Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, Ohio and Texas. I am sure there are probably a few more.

The Keefer Instrument Company was located in Williamsport, PA for many years. Mansfield is located north of Williamsport on Route 15. Possibly the “Mansfield” trombone was a prototype instrument for the Keefer Company.

Since Mansfield, MA is in a more populated area, there is probably a greater chance that a Boston-area instrument maker made that instrument. Again, all hypothesis....
Thanks! I was thinking a stencil for a vendor in the Mansfield, Ohio area as the horn is for sale near there. Hadn't thought of the other Mansfields. We may never know.
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are still missing! :D
Greg Songer
King 606, King 3B-F: DE LT101/LTD/D3
King 4B-F: Bach 5G Megatone gold plated
King 2107 bass: DE MB109/MB J/J8 King

Return to “Instruments”