Anyone ever heard of this brand?

Macbone1

Anyone ever heard of this brand?

Post by Macbone1 »

Weingril TB1. Overseas brand? Chinese? Any good? No clue.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/173826906770?h ... SwZjpcgWCY
King Jiggs 2BL
Olds Opera
Besson Sovereign Bb/F bass
Holton bass trumpet
B&H Imperial shepherd's crook cornet
Elow

Re: Anyone ever heard of this brand?

Post by Elow »

That’s expensive for a chinese brand that i’ve never heard of. You could buy a pretty good condition bach 42 or conn 88h for that price, which is probably what it’s copied after.
Posaunus

Post by Posaunus »

Why not contact the Colorado music store that's selling the trombone and ask your questions?
ithinknot

Post by ithinknot »

Posaunus

Post by Posaunus »

mbtrombone

Post by mbtrombone »

15-20 years ago we had weril horns in a music store I worked at. They are ok horns, but they are not at a professional level when compared to Bach or Conn. They tend to be a heavier horns, with looser tolerances. I would save up for a used Bach 42.
deanmccarty

Post by deanmccarty »

It’s a Weril… out of Brazil… I would consider them to be an intermediate level horn. Along the same line as a Rath 400… but the Rath is slightly better.

For a couple hundred dollars more you could have a decent used Bach 42, which is what this instrument is copying.
Dean McCarty
“Have a good time... all the time.” - Viv Savage, Spinal Tap :cool:

Rath R9D-Ferguson-L
Jürgen Voigt 189-FX, Elliott 100G8
Rath R10-Elliott 95B
Jürgen Voigt J-711 Alto-Elliott 95B
Jürgen Voigt J-470 Contra-Ferguson 2A
Elow

Post by Elow »

I thought the Rx00 series was on par with shires Q series and a professional horn.
Posaunus

Post by Posaunus »

"Professional" is just a word. It's a marketing term. You don't have to pass a test, meet a standard, have a license, or get a certification to term an instrument "professional." Companies often use this terminology to describe their most expensive instruments (which probably cost more to manufacture) to show their value (and perhaps quality) relative to "lesser" items in their catalog, and to justify their high prices. For many manufacturers, the "professional" designation is probably well-earned and well-accepted. But not for all. And on the other hand, I believe that some of Yamaha's "intermediate" instruments are first class ("professional" quality)!
Crazy4Tbone86

Post by Crazy4Tbone86 »

"Professional" is just a word. It's a marketing term.

I agree.....any brand can call anything "professional" these days. It just like those folks who sell a 2019 trombone on Ebay and call it a "vintage" instrument because it is beat up and tarnished. Technically, they are correct.....everything has a "vintage" or date of origin.

Don't fall for those silly marketing terms, like: professional, professional-grade, high-grade, vintage, artisan, hand-crafted, etc.... They are probably putting lip stick on a pig.
Brian D. Hinkley - Player, Teacher, Technician and Trombone Enthusiast

Return to “Instruments”