Ferguson M series large shank mouthpiece

norbie2018

Ferguson M series large shank mouthpiece

Post by norbie2018 »

Anyone play on these? Opinions?
hyperbolica

Re: Ferguson M series large shank mouthpiece

Post by hyperbolica »

I play the V and the L, which I like very much for small bass and bass respectively. They give more center to the sound than other equivalent size pieces.
bigbandbone

Post by bigbandbone »

hyperbolica wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:17 am I play the V and the L, which I like very much for small bass and bass respectively. They give more center to the sound than other equivalent size pieces.
Do you get that more centered sound throughout the entire range of the bass, or only the low stuff?
hyperbolica

Post by hyperbolica »

bigbandbone wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:36 pm
Do you get that more centered sound throughout the entire range of the bass, or only the low stuff?
The V is the one 1.5g size mouthpiece that lets me use a bass almost like a tenor. Obviously it's not the same, but it's a big difference. My Kanstul 1662i has a useful and reasonable sounding high range with the V. The effect on the L is less noticeable because it is bigger and deeper into bass territory. The L gives a bigger bottom and less tenor-y high range than the V. So I guess to answer your question, the benefits of the L are more in the low range, and the benefits of the V are more evenly spread. At least for the playing I do.

The Ferguson L kind of compares to a DE LB 110 K 8, or thereabouts.

Return to “Mouthpieces”