Wick OAL, Bach Artisan 1G, Schilke M6.0

smithr

Wick OAL, Bach Artisan 1G, Schilke M6.0

Post by smithr »

I would like to read comments by bass trombonists who played with these. I currently use a Shires 1G I did some digging using the search bar but would like to know how these pieces work for clarity in articulation, flexibility. and comfort.

Thanks,
Ron
fwbassbone

Re: Wick OAL, Bach Artisan 1G, Schilke M6.0

Post by fwbassbone »

I have played all 3 and still have an M6.0 and 0AL. The 0AL is a lot smaller than the other two and will give you sharper articulations. The Wick is too small for me but if you like a smaller piece it may work well. In this smaller size I really like the new Schilke/Reicenbach mouthpiece. The other two are bigger although not quite as big as your Shires. Of the bigger two the M6.0 worked better for me. Good articulations and lots of core to the sound.
smithr

Post by smithr »

Thanks that’s very helpful.
Ron
tbonesullivan

Post by tbonesullivan »

Maybe take a look at the Ferguson LS mouthpiece. It's around that size, but is a more "commercial" type mouthpiece. Also it's got a wider rim than just most bass mouthpieces, so it's not for everyone.
David S. - daveyboy37 from TTF
Bach 39, LT36B, 42BOF & 42T, King 2103 / 3b, Kanstul 1570CR & 1588CR, Yamaha YBL-612 RII, YBL-822G & YBL-830, B&H Eb Tuba, Sterling 1056GHS Euphonium,
Livingston Symphony Orchestra NJ - Trombone

Return to “Mouthpieces”