Wedge players

Bach5G

Wedge players

Post by Bach5G »

Do any of you alternate between your Wedge and other mpcs?
Geordie

Re: Wedge players

Post by Geordie »

Yes. I use a wedge 6.75 on my King 3b+ (with trigger). I use an Olds 3 on my Olds Recording (no trigger). Tried using only one of these pieces on both horns, each for a few weeks. Issues of range, endurance and tuning led me to the current arrangement that I’m satisfied with.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is not a rehearsal
Conn100HGuy

Post by Conn100HGuy »

I do not switch. Every now and then, I'll experiment with one of my conventional MPs. That lasts about one measure and I'm back to my Wedge.
Onward and Upward
walldaja

Post by walldaja »

I've tried my Wedge 5G on my various trombones but I'm not completely satisfied even though I wanted to use it. I always use Wedge pieces on my trumpets, cornet, and flugelhorn. So I switch from Wedge to conventional rims but also between trombone sized pieces and trumpets.
Dave

2014 Shires Q30GR with 2CL
1982 King 607F with 13CL
Yamaha 421G Bass with Christian Lindberg 2CL / Bach 1 1/2G
Bach Soloist with 13CL
1967 Olds Ambassador with 10CL
1957 Besson 10-10
Jean Baptiste EUPCOMS with Stork 4
JeffDeault

Post by JeffDeault »

I played for years with a Yamaha 'Alain Trudel' mpc and I changed recently for a Wedge 101G that I'm more than happy with. I tried back the Yamaha few times but I always came back to the Wedge after few measures. I think you need to be a very serious player (which I'm not) to be able to switch between mouthpieces, especially if you have a Wedge in your alignment.
LeTromboniste

Post by LeTromboniste »

When I still played modern trombone on a regular basis I had switched to a Wedge 6.5AL for my modern tenor playing, but was playing a conventional rim on bass and a historical mouthpiece on sackbut.
Maximilien Brisson
www.maximilienbrisson.com
Lecturer for baroque trombone,
Hfk Bremen/University of the Arts Bremen
Steve335

Post by Steve335 »

I liked my Wedge rim so much that I changed all my pieces accordingly. For me personally it’s a game changer for comfort and for the ergonomics of my chops .

Return to “Mouthpieces”