Denis Wick Heritage Edition mouthpieces

bigbandbone

Denis Wick Heritage Edition mouthpieces

Post by bigbandbone »

In the Heritage Edition line of Denis Wick mouthpieces what is the equivalent in size to a Bach 1 1/2G?
Thanks
Fidbone

Re: Denis Wick Heritage Edition mouthpieces

Post by Fidbone »

2AL
bigbandbone

Post by bigbandbone »

Fidbone wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 5:18 am2AL
Thanks👍
FOSSIL

Post by FOSSIL »

bigbandbone wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 5:00 am In the Heritage Edition line of Denis Wick mouthpieces what is the equivalent in size to a Bach 1 1/2G?
Thanks
I have a 1AL heritage in my collection... Denis gave it to me. It is based on Dave Stewart's Schilke 58. Feels a bit smaller than a 1 1/2G.

Chris
RustBeltBass

Post by RustBeltBass »

FOSSIL wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 7:40 am
bigbandbone wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 5:00 am In the Heritage Edition line of Denis Wick mouthpieces what is the equivalent in size to a Bach 1 1/2G?
Thanks
I have a 1AL heritage in my collection... Denis gave it to me. It is based on Dave Stewart's Schilke 58. Feels a bit smaller than a 1 1/2G.

Chris

Out of curiosity: I never played DW mouthpieces and do not intend to. But it seems from what I read that many of the designs are based on top UK players’ equipments of choice (Premru, apparently Stewart as well). But I don’t believe any of the lads actually play them, not exactly a ringing endorsement for DW, is it ?
AndrewMeronek

Post by AndrewMeronek »

RustBeltBass wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:32 am Out of curiosity: I never played DW mouthpieces and do not intend to. But it seems from what I read that many of the designs are based on top UK players’ equipments of choice (Premru, apparently Stewart as well). But I don’t believe any of the lads actually play them, not exactly a ringing endorsement for DW, is it ?
For what it's worth, I've played a lot on DW Heritage mouthpieces. I think they're among the best mouthpieces out there.
“All musicians are subconsciously mathematicians.”

- Thelonious Monk

Return to “Mouthpieces”