Mouthpiece Material Comparison Video

lmalewic

Mouthpiece Material Comparison Video

Post by lmalewic »

Hello All,
I’ve put together a short video so that you can hear the difference between three (of the 6 offered) materials for AR Resonance Mouthpiece Tops. Enjoy and feel free to leave any comments or questions you may have.

https://youtu.be/V2Z3q23Hmy0
Luke Malewicz
Yamaha Artist and Clinician
Freelance Trombonist/Educator in the Chicago Area
www.LowBrassLuke.com
Posaunus

Re: Mouthpiece Material Comparison Video

Post by Posaunus »

Thanks Luke. Hard to discriminate much with my laptop's speakers. To my ears, the silver-plated bronze seemed to have a little more edge; the buffalo horn seemed more mellow; the titanium in between. Clearly a strong family resemblance among all three mouthpieces.

Nice playing, by the way! :good:
lmalewic

Re: Mouthpiece Material Comparison Video

Post by lmalewic »

Posaunus wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:03 pm Thanks Luke. Hard to discriminate much with my laptop's speakers. To my ears, the silver-plated bronze seemed to have a little more edge; the buffalo horn seemed more mellow; the titanium in between. Clearly a strong family resemblance among all three mouthpieces.

Nice playing, by the way! :good:
It can be hard on computer speakers. If you have a set of headphones or stand alone speakers it might be easier. It’s always interesting to me how much the material changes the sound and feel. I’ve been using titanium for a while now and really digging it.
Luke Malewicz
Yamaha Artist and Clinician
Freelance Trombonist/Educator in the Chicago Area
www.LowBrassLuke.com

Return to “Mouthpieces”