Bass piece alternatives for Rath B1MF

Bassbones

Bass piece alternatives for Rath B1MF

Post by Bassbones »

I'm looking for an additional mouthpiece to try. Being in the UK I'm gonna try and find friends who might have examples to try before throwing money into what could be a failed experiment.

I'm currently playing on the Rath B1MF which I've used for a good few years which has a cup of 29.1 and a 8.5 throat. I have tried smaller in clouding Bach 1.25g and more recently Wick 0AL I've also in the past tried Shilke 59. But not got along with any of these.

My horn selection is A choice or R9 both wick large lead pipes and a Holton TR 180 with its original good pipe.
LeoInFL

Re: Bass piece alternatives for Rath B1MF

Post by LeoInFL »

Here's a link to the mouthpiece chart that I use:
http://www.dwerden.com/Mouthpieces/trom ... Shank=Bass
LeoInFL
Getzen 4047DS :
~Bousfield S
~Conn 5G | Edwards .525"
Olds P-24G : G&W Mark-1 | Wessex .555"
Melton 41 F Cimbasso : DE CB S118_L*_L16Am
Holton 77 Fr Horn : Laskey 825G

CFCA Symphony Orch
(2016-present)
FOSSIL

Post by FOSSIL »

What are you looking for ? There's another layer underneath
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BGuttman

Post by BGuttman »

FOSSIL wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:29 pm What are you looking for ? There's another layer underneath
Which one does the dog prefer? ;)
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"
RustBeltBass

Post by RustBeltBass »

FOSSIL wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:29 pm What are you looking for ? There's another layer underneath
Oh Chris, we should SO hang out one day !!
FOSSIL

Post by FOSSIL »

BGuttman wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:59 pm
Which one does the dog prefer? ;)
The dog prefers them ALL to stay in the case.

Chris
Bassbones

Post by Bassbones »

OMG that is one serious addiction😂😂
FOSSIL

Post by FOSSIL »

Bassbones wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:39 pm
OMG that is one serious addiction😂😂
Mostly there so my students can try lots of options before buying. It's also a collection....many very rare and unique pieces that are not for sale. So, what is it that you are looking for that the MF1 is not delivering?

Chris
Bassbones

Post by Bassbones »

Hi Chris,

It's not that the Rath isn't delivering I like it a lot. I'd like a back up or maybe even two then I can stick one in each case for the times you get to the and remember your iron's in another case.

Just open to trying things of a similar size give or take see if I can find anything that suits better or works as well.

Daz
WGWTR180

Post by WGWTR180 »

Bassbones wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:23 pm Hi Chris,

It's not that the Rath isn't delivering I like it a lot. I'd like a back up or maybe even two then I can stick one in each case for the times you get to the and remember your iron's in another case.

Just open to trying things of a similar size give or take see if I can find anything that suits better or works as well.

Daz
If you really like the Rath I'd just look for another one, used if possible. Having something completely different, and another piece will be different, , makes little sense.
BoomtownRath

Post by BoomtownRath »

I've been playing on a Rath 1 1/4W and a shilke 60 (depending on repretoire) and very happy with the Rath. Recently tried a Randevalk R0 just for fun and ended up buying it. Have better range than the Rath both high and low and it's a larger size @ 29mm inner diameter it gives me what I needed the schilke for.......

https://randefalkmusic.com/collections/moutpieces

I'm sure there is a UK distributor, a lot of top players are using them with Gary Curtin being one of them.

Neil.

Return to “Mouthpieces”