Bach Artisan 7C?..

Pre59

Bach Artisan 7C?..

Post by Pre59 »

I was digging through a few boxes of musical stuff a few days ago, and found a boxed Artisan 7C that I bought on eBay a few years ago at a bargain price. It didn't suit me at the time when I was into the +1" range, and also found the rim to be overly sharp, as compared to my other 'pieces.

But now, I find that as my lips have thinned with weight loss and age, that it's not too narrow, and that with "a reminder to self" to ease up on any pressure that it's working out nicely.

There's been (mainly negative) comments re the Artisan m/p range here, but they seem mainly to be about the 1.5G model., so do users of the smaller sizes have any comments?

(I used to like a 11C (bored out) and when I tried 7C's at the time they always seemed smaller, but according to contemporary spec' they're the same width at 24.75mm.)
Pre59

Re: Bach Artisan 7C?..

Post by Pre59 »

Has anybody any thoughts about the the possible rim differences between the Artisan 7C and the (unflavoured) regular model?
dukesboneman

Post by dukesboneman »

I bought an Artisan 7Cwhen they 1st came out. I normally play a Mount Vernon 7C.
The rim felt smaller than usual and a different contour
A much tighter backbore.
I didn`t like it. I thought it looked cool. But it went to a new home.
Pre59

Post by Pre59 »

The VB site writes that the Artisan 7C has a "softer outer edge" which may mean a harder inner edge. I've got used to that now, even though I'm getting a clear m/p ring on my lips it's not affecting my endurance in a negative way, in fact it may have even improved. I like the even attacks and note "grip" which may come from the sharper rim.
I'll keep my eBay eyes open for a cheap used standard 7C to test the difference. But so far, so good..

Return to “Mouthpieces”