Monette and Parduba

DorseyRosolino

Monette and Parduba

Post by DorseyRosolino »

Hey guys, been looking into new mouthpieces for lead playing. Just got a new peashooter from a freind that plays like a gem. I'm hoping someone else has experiences with these brands and can help me reach a consensus. So for lead playing, in the last couple years ive really enjoyed using the Parduba double cup series mouth pieces, I mean it feels like having an octave key built into your mouthpiece. Ripping out Bbs 2 octaves above middle C actually becomes fun when your not doing it on a beach 1.5L (I play bass trombone regularly) . My question is tho, should I switch to a more " conventional " mouthpiece or should I be thinking more like " if it aint broke dont fix it" ? I have a buddy that swears by Monette moutpieces and say they are the Greg Blacks for lead playing( the blacks being great orchestra playing pieces). Is it worth getting into the expensive monettes? :hi:
Posaunus

Re: Monette and Parduba

Post by Posaunus »

Though not widely used, I have found a Parduba piece (got it at a bargain price!) to be surprisingly good. :horror:
But it's not what I usually play. :idk:
BGuttman

Post by BGuttman »

Trumpet players swear by Monette mouthpieces, but they haven't been that popular among Trombone players.

If the Parduba works for you, stay with it.

A proper lead mouthpiece can vary from player to player. I came from bass trombone and prefer larger mouthpieces (equivalent of a Bach 4C). Others seem to like Bach 11C or 12C sizes.
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"
dukesboneman

Post by dukesboneman »

If the Parduba works for you and you like it.
Why mess with success

Return to “Mouthpieces”