Warburton Dave Steinmeyer Trombone Mouthpiece

heinzgries

Warburton Dave Steinmeyer Trombone Mouthpiece

Post by heinzgries »

have anybody experience with the Warburton Dave Steinmeyer Mouthpiece? It seems to have a realy small cup, but with a larger throat. Inner diameter: 0.940" bore: 0.250" (E size reamer). The Marcinkiewicz David Steinmeyer Signature-Modell seems to be different, larger cup Inner diameter 0.981, smaller throat bore 0.228.
The difference between this two signature mouthpiece wonder me a bit. Which of them does Dave realy use?
ithinknot

Re: Warburton Dave Steinmeyer Trombone Mouthpiece

Post by ithinknot »

The Marcinkiewicz signatures go back to the 70s and 80s - probably predating his signature Martin instrument, etc etc - and are snapshots of custom work particular players wanted at that point.

The Warburton is more recent. If the cup is anything like the standard Warburton 'S', it's *very* shallow.

I'm sure they're both fine designs, suitable for a small number of players whose embouchure type, timbral tastes, and musical requirements all coincide with DS's. (Or possibly on alto.)
TromboneMonkey

Post by TromboneMonkey »

The Marcinkiewicz is not anything like a .981 in terms of other mouthpiece manufacturers' specifications. It's more similar to the Warburton than it is to any .98" piece I've tried. In fact, there's nothing in the Marcinkiewicz line that actually feels like a true .98" piece (7c size). Everything either feels smaller or bigger, to me anyway. The Steinmeyer piece feels way smaller than the Jiggs piece or the Loper piece and they're both 11c - ish.
SFA

Post by SFA »

A list I've seen has the Dave Steinmeyer at .952 indicating it's the same as a Warburton 15 and a Bach 17-18.
FEWeathers

Post by FEWeathers »

Dunno about the Warburton, but I measure the Marcinkiewicz Steinmeyer piece as having a .972" rim, with a shallow cup (like a Elliot 'B' cup), and the .228 throat. It also has something like an Elliot #2 backbore.

If only manufacturers had a consistent measuring standard they all adhered to. ;)
Slidehamilton

Post by Slidehamilton »

To clarify. The Steinmeyer model is an altered version of the Rosolino model. Dave mainly wanted the rim a little rounder.

Return to “Mouthpieces”