Kudos To Doug Elliott

Driswood

Kudos To Doug Elliott

Post by Driswood »

Doug is known for his excellent customer service. I just had an experience where he went above and beyond.

I had purchased an LT100 Lexan rim from Doug. The Lexan just didn’t work for me. Unfortunately, I had waited past his normal return window. I posted the rim here, figuring I would take a loss and get a silver rim.

The first person to reply was Doug, wondering if I would like to trade for something else. I said yes, and before I could send the Lexan rim back, I received the shipping notice on the new rim.

End result is I have a silver LT99 rim I’m loving, and Doug took back the Lexan rim in an even swap. He didn’t even charge me for postage.

Now that’s excellent customer service! I can’t recommend Doug enough!
Jerry Walker

Happily Retired :good:

1957 Conn 6H
Schilke 47B
1989 Yamaha YSL-684G
Bach 6 3/4C
Fidbone

Re: Kudos To Doug Elliott

Post by Fidbone »

:good: I've always had great service from Doug, he's a trooper to us finicky trombonists ......... :hi:
harrisonreed

Post by harrisonreed »

My friend just got his alto shanks Doug. Says it's the most awesome thing he's ever played on alto, and "where has it been [his] whole life?"

The narrow tuba rim is also a mega hit.
hyperbolica

Post by hyperbolica »

Yeah, Doug has been more than fair with me. More than that, his recommendations are always better than my intuition.
Blenky

Post by Blenky »

Did Doug communicate shipping details to you?

I’ve been waiting 16 weeks now for a DE setup and despite emailing him twice in the last 8 weeks I’ve received no reply?
Conn 88HTCL
Yamaha YSL-640
Rath R900

Doug Elliot XT Silver103, Lexan103, G, G8, G4, EUPH Lexan103, I, I8
BGuttman

Post by BGuttman »

Blenky wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:41 am Did Doug communicate shipping details to you?

I’ve been waiting 16 weeks now for a DE setup and despite emailing him twice in the last 8 weeks I’ve received no reply?
International shipping can be a problem. Sometimes items get delayed for weeks. You can find examples of this in other threads.
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"
Blenky

Post by Blenky »

I’ve not even been told if they have shipped or not.

If they now arrive in the next 4 weeks I will not be around to accept delivery!
Conn 88HTCL
Yamaha YSL-640
Rath R900

Doug Elliott

Post by Doug Elliott »

Very sorry for that one... I haven't been able to make some parts of your order - machine trouble right now - but it looks like it will be resolved in the next couple of days.
"I know a thing or two because I've seen a thing or two."
Blenky

Post by Blenky »

Many thanks Doug. No rush, just need to know when they ship so I can be sure someone is around to accept delivery.

Sorry to be a nag, so much looking forward to getting them
On my chops 👍😀
Conn 88HTCL
Yamaha YSL-640
Rath R900

Fidbone

Post by Fidbone »

Doug Elliott wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:55 am Very sorry for that one... I haven't been able to make some parts of your order - machine trouble right now - but it looks like it will be resolved in the next couple of days.
Nightmare :eek:

Hope you get it resolved soon....... :hi:
MBurner

Post by MBurner »

Can’t say a bad word about the man or brand. He personally drove down to the DC area to give me a piece with Lexan rim before the 2021 Inauguration. He makes comfy rims, and a mouthpiece that can work for us all. I shudder to think of who could touch his knowledge, much less replace him!
sf105

Post by sf105 »

Also had excellent service from Doug when trying parts and dithering over the decision.
Kingfan

Post by Kingfan »

When I couldn't find a mouthpiece for small bore trombones that worked for me after trying all the usual suspects, Doug thought out of the box and directed me to a Bach 5. He was right! I now play his version of a 5 size, even on my .481/.491 pea shooter. It wouldn't work for most players, but it does for me.
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are still missing! :D
Greg Songer
King 606, King 3B-F: DE LT101/LTD/D3
King 4B-F: Bach 5G Megatone gold plated
King 2107 bass: DE MB109/MB J/J8 King
EriKon

Post by EriKon »

Just want to reaffirm this :-)
I've been in need of a good mp for my Bach 36 BOG. So I've been writing a couple of mails with Doug and made a short Skype call as I live in Europe. He advised a DE XT104, E, E4 setup.

I was a bit sceptical at first especially regarding the rim, because I thought it would be way too big for me. When I first tried it, it felt kind of weird and unusual, the low range felt very "slippery"and I've had a double buzz in the mid range. I wrote this to Doug and he immediately replied if we could do another quick Skype call. He gave me some really good advice on how I would have to play with this mouthpiece so that these things are not going to happen and that I should try to be aware of that. And voila, a couple of weeks later I'm absolutely in love with this setup in terms of sound, feeling, versatility and just everything. Definitely considering to make a change for my smaller horn now too ;-) Doug is the man! Thank you, Doug!
Crazy4Tbone86

Post by Crazy4Tbone86 »

Received my new mouthpiece from Doug a few days ago. It was well worth the wait. My set up now for my .525 bore horns is Doug's LTN105G4 I have struggled for several years to find a mouthpiece that works well for my .525 bore horns. I don't know if my journey is over, but this new mouthpiece has definitely put me much closer to my target!
Brian D. Hinkley - Player, Teacher, Technician and Trombone Enthusiast
mcphatty00

Post by mcphatty00 »

I oddly started playing on Doug's mouthpieces in high school because I took lessons from the former principal trombone in the Cleveland Orchestra, Jim DeSano. He even played a Lexan, which is why I've been playing on a Lexan for 25 years. I usually have to wait a little longer unless he happens to have it in stock, but I'll never play on metal again because his Lexan rims are so perfect for me.
Geordie

Post by Geordie »

Another satisfied Doug client here. Had a positive session when he assessed my mp issues via Skype. Was v happy with the set up we settled on. The postage cost of trying some options was money well spent. On that basis I booked a short lesson focusing on improving my range. Massive improvement as a result of that one short session. My only regret is not doing this years ago when I thought the reviews were probably overstated. I was wrong.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is not a rehearsal

Return to “Mouthpieces”