FS: Symington mouthpieces 1.5 and 2G ZR

SwissTbone

FS: Symington mouthpieces 1.5 and 2G ZR

Post by SwissTbone »

Hey there!

Happy to announce that Swisstbone is now carrying Symington mouthpieces! I have some 1.5G and 2G in Zirconium in stock for immediate shipping. Write me here and get free worldwide shipping!

Try them. I'm pretty sure I have found my lifetime mouthpiece with the 1.5G.
ƒƒ---------------------------------------------------ƒƒ
Like trombones? Head over to https://swisstbone.com/ to see some great vintage and custom horns!
WGWTR180

Re: FS: Symington mouthpieces 1.5 and 2G ZR

Post by WGWTR180 »

Great mouthpieces! Worth every penny!
btone

Post by btone »

I agree with WGWTR180 completely. To me they are both slightly atypical for their respective model sizes, but are copies of unique Mt. Vernon originals. For my purposes they are each the best of the models they're based on that I've been able to find in years of collecting and evaluating these type pieces on various horns, trying to find something optimal for me in these sizes. Mr. Symington has performed a great service for those who play on the smaller bass pieces.
RustBeltBass

Post by RustBeltBass »

Very happy to hear that William found a business that allows for him to distribute his master mouthpieces even more easily.

His work is great and he is in unbelievable nice person !
SwissTbone

Post by SwissTbone »

Thanks for the nice comments. Yes. Those pieces are very good, and the Zirconium feels very comfortable.

I still have a 1.5g and some 2g in stock for immediate delivery.
Like trombones? Head over to https://swisstbone.com/ to see some great vintage and custom horns!
spencercarran

Post by spencercarran »

Only stocked in Zirconium? I take it that means you have pretty strong feelings about that being a big improvement over brass?
SwissTbone

Post by SwissTbone »

spencercarran wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:27 am Only stocked in Zirconium? I take it that means you have pretty strong feelings about that being a big improvement over brass?
Actually... Bill had only Zirconium in stock when I ordered. Don't know I will also stock brass in the future. We'll see.
islander

Post by islander »

I don't have anything in stock at all at the moment, brass or otherwise. So Daniel's got the only ones going for the moment. Am working on a 5G that I hope will be a good 'un - but more on that some other time.

Bill
islander

Post by islander »

spencercarran wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:27 am Only stocked in Zirconium? I take it that means you have pretty strong feelings about that being a big improvement over brass?
Oh - and zirconium is well worth it!
SwissTbone

Post by SwissTbone »

I just got some 1.5's brass in and spent the better part of the day having fun... eeehhh scientifically comparing them.

The Zirconium clearly is a warmer, rounder sound from ppp to fff. It may project a little less than the brass one due to this. The brass version blows slightly more open to me and attacks are more crisp.

Personally I prefer Zirconium, but I'm a pretty bright and loud player. Depending on the situation I could see myself grabbing the brass version though. It may help some aspects where the Zirconium helps other aspects...
BassboneJ25

Post by BassboneJ25 »

Still have 1.5Z’s in stock?
SwissTbone

Post by SwissTbone »

BassboneJ25 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:34 pm Still have 1.5Z’s in stock?
Yesss

Return to “Mouthpieces”