New piece

trombonedemon

New piece

Post by trombonedemon »

Had him bore out the backbone to .323, made a world of difference in range of leaps and bounds. Rim is very comfortable. I needed a good brass mouthpiece. Thanks Greg and Ben for great customer service and fast shipping. Fill free to chime in, because I know these mouthpieces are on back order everywhere. :geek: :mrgreen: 8-) :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Conn 112 H w/bored out rotors w/heavyweight caps, Sterling Silver Edward's B3 and Shires B3 leadpipe w/62H slide. Long Island Brass Comp Dimensions 29.5 inner rim .323 backbore solid silver lefreque
Burgerbob

Re: New piece

Post by Burgerbob »

That's certainly very large!!

I just ordered a 1GS .312 #2, really hoping it's like my Laskey 90D but in that GB direction.
Aidan Ritchie, LA area player and teacher
trombonedemon

Post by trombonedemon »

Burgerbob wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:47 pm That's certainly very large!!

I just ordered a 1GS .312 #2, really hoping it's like my Laskey 90D but in that GB direction.
His rim gave me some extra needed room, the back bore saved me money on buying a new lead pipe. Out of curiosity what are you playing on your dual bore bass?
Conn 112 H w/bored out rotors w/heavyweight caps, Sterling Silver Edward's B3 and Shires B3 leadpipe w/62H slide. Long Island Brass Comp Dimensions 29.5 inner rim .323 backbore solid silver lefreque
Burgerbob

Post by Burgerbob »

trombonedemon wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:13 pm
Burgerbob wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:47 pm That's certainly very large!!

His rim gave me some extra needed room, the back bore saved me money on buying a new lead pipe. Out of curiosity what are you playing on your dual bore bass?
Right now a 90D on everything. The little bit shallower cup has really centered things up for me in all ranges, but otherwise sounds and feels pretty similar to my GBs.
Langheck

Post by Langheck »

Is the 90D shallower than a 93D, because my 93D feels just a little big in every dimension?
Burgerbob

Post by Burgerbob »

Langheck wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:44 pm Is the 90D shallower than a 93D, because my 93D feels just a little big in every dimension?
Yup! 29mm rim size (as opposed to 29.3) and also noticeably shallower. I didn't expect that, since the 95D is very similar to the 93D depth-wise.
trombonedemon

Post by trombonedemon »

Very good though, these mouthpiece makers all make some decent equipment and they aren't getting any younger. Trying to get at them before the weirder things start to happen and these people stop making mouthpieces.

Return to “Mouthpieces”