LOUD mpcs

Bach5G

LOUD mpcs

Post by Bach5G »

Does anyone play on a LOUD mpc?

I acquired a LOUD 35, basically 1 and 1/4-sized, stainless steel, last year, but it’s been sitting on my bookshelf ever since. I finally got it down and tried it out, and am very pleasantly surprised. I have been on a G Black 2GP and was pretty happy but that may change. Easy to play, nice sound. Very responsive.

I know a bit of the backstory of the firm. The website has been updated recently but no mpc-related info. I see Houser was making the mpcs but he isn’t making trombone mpcs at the present.
Posaunus

Re: LOUD mpcs

Post by Posaunus »

A while ago (during the pandemic lockdown), I stumbled across, and purchased at a very reasonable price, a large-shank stainless steel Loud LM52L. Sort of 6½AL size. Worked much better than I expected (better than a Bach 6½AL), especially considering their bizarre marketing approach (pre-weirdness).

Unfortunately, I haven't played it much, so can't provide a comprehensive review, But I like stainless steel, and it's smaller (and therefore a bit more versatile) than my large-shank Giddings & Webster piece.
Bach5G

Re: LOUD mpcs

Post by Bach5G »

I can’t say I expected very much given the marketing but I was very pleasantly surprised.

Return to “Mouthpieces”