Griego Ian Bousfield

Colombino

Griego Ian Bousfield

Post by Colombino »

Hello guys!

Did anybody try a Griego Ian Bousfield?
How did you like it?

It is probably a far comparison, but can anybody compare its rim with the rim of the Griego Markey for bass trombone?

I played a Greg Black 3 NY on my tenor for more than 10 years, but now I am looking for something a little smaller.

A few days ago I tried the Griego Markey 93 on my bass and I totally loved it, especially the rim and the quality of sound and articulations, so I would like to look for something with a similar feeling, but much smaller, to use on the tenor.

I was looking at the V4 or O4 mostly, since they seem to be a tiny bit smaller than the Greg Balck 3.

Thanks!
BurckhardtS

Re: Griego Ian Bousfield

Post by BurckhardtS »

I trialed a Griego V3. The articulations are super pointed and it is really easy to get a response out of and very flexible. However, the sound was far too bright and would break up at earlier dynamics than most other mouthpieces. The articulations are also very clear, which was a detriment for me because it seemed to make even light articulations particularly poppy or aggressive sounding. I think I sold it? Or maybe I still have it somewhere...
Shires - 7YM, TX, Axial, TW47 - Greg Black NY 1
YSL354 - XT LN106, C+, D3

Return to “Mouthpieces”