Marcinkiewicz Mouthpiece Sizing

HGrobot

Marcinkiewicz Mouthpiece Sizing

Post by HGrobot »

Out of curiosity, would anyone happen to have an idea what marcinkiewicz standard series mouthpiece is closest in size to a Bach 5G rim? I now have the ability to order them through work, and am a bit curious to try one for the heck of it, but am not having a good time deciphering the chart on the marcinkiewicz website. Thanks
tbonesullivan

Re: Marcinkiewicz Mouthpiece Sizing

Post by tbonesullivan »

Looking at the chart here, as you might expect, the Standard Series 5G is closest to a Bach 5G.

http://www.dwerden.com/Mouthpieces/trombone.cfm
David S. - daveyboy37 from TTF
Bach 39, LT36B, 42BOF & 42T, King 2103 / 3b, Kanstul 1570CR & 1588CR, Yamaha YBL-612 RII, YBL-822G & YBL-830, B&H Eb Tuba, Sterling 1056GHS Euphonium,
Livingston Symphony Orchestra NJ - Trombone
Posaunus

Post by Posaunus »

From their catalog, I'd say a Marcinkiewicz 5G or 5GW (6.63mm throat), or a 5J (7.04mm throat).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Reedman1

Post by Reedman1 »

I haven’t tried their 5G, but their 7G rim is pretty close. They feel different from Bach mouthpieces - more comfortable, for me. I like Marcinkiewicz mouthpieces.
Posaunus

Post by Posaunus »

Reedman1 wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:23 pm They feel different from Bach mouthpieces - more comfortable, for me. I like Marcinkiewicz mouthpieces.
:good:
Johnstad

Post by Johnstad »

Graham Middleton would be the one to ask. He is on Facebook
pompatus

Post by pompatus »

Johnstad wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:24 am Graham Middleton would be the one to ask. He is on Facebook
He’s here on TromboneChat, as well. Also, the couple of times I’ve emailed Marcinkiewicz with questions he’s been the one to respond.
HGrobot

Post by HGrobot »

Thanks for all the responses! This definitely helps. Also thank you tbonesullivan for linking the dwerden chart. I like it and am definitely bookmarking it for future use
greenbean

Post by greenbean »

I have played a couple small Marcinkiewicz mouthpieces and 3-4 for bass trombone. They have all been very, very good!
Tom in San Francisco
Currently playing...
Bach Corp 16M
Many French horns
BGuttman

Post by BGuttman »

Their sizing chart can be confusing. I bought an 8H because it said the diameter was 1.02". I got it and it felt small. Later versions of this mouthpiece were labeled "8H-6.5AL". Wonder how many they didn't sell to people who would have loved them and how many they sold to people like me who didn't before then.

I have the bass 2GR and 3 and use the 2GR on bass when I haven't played it in a long time. The 3 sits in my tenor bag for times when I need to cover a bass part.
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"

Return to “Mouthpieces”