Berpbiolube

BflatBass

Berpbiolube

Post by BflatBass »

Anyone ever use this on their slide? Opinions?

Thanks,
Robert

https://berp.com/product/biolube-trombone-handslides/
I dream of the day that the world will be healthy enough that I can play in a live ensemble again.
2bobone

Re: Berpbiolube

Post by 2bobone »

I use it on my Butler C12 bass trombone slide [carbon fiber] and it is a real boon to a slide that requires NO moisture to operate at its best because it seems to keep water from accumulating on your slide ---- just the opposite of what I've done for all of my trombone playing life. I have no experience of using it on regular brass trombone slides. Let us know how it works out for you ------ !
Jimprindle

Post by Jimprindle »

I know nothing about this stuff, but I immensely enjoyed seeing my old friend, mentor, and trombone idol Miles Anderson endorsing this product. If Miles likes it you know it is good, if he didn't like it those who know (the very eloquent Miles) know he would use the most profane words in the American language to say so: "Don't use this ******* ****, it is absolute ******* **** and will totally **** up your horn. This ****** **** should be ******** ***** *** **** be ****** *****, and those ************ should be ***** ******** ******* ***** and ****. Have a nice day, HAHAHAHA!"
tbonesullivan

Post by tbonesullivan »

If it works, go for it! This looks to be a more "solid" type of almost "wax" to put on the slide. Interesting concept. Most of the "classic" creams are just recreations of Pond's cold cream. Then there are those that are like Slid-O-Mix, which seams to be some type of surfactant/detergent and very thin silicone.
David S. - daveyboy37 from TTF
Bach 39, LT36B, 42BOF & 42T, King 2103 / 3b, Kanstul 1570CR & 1588CR, Yamaha YBL-612 RII, YBL-822G & YBL-830, B&H Eb Tuba, Sterling 1056GHS Euphonium,
Livingston Symphony Orchestra NJ - Trombone
Doug Elliott

Post by Doug Elliott »

The name is enough to keep me from trying it.

Great to see (and hear) Miles. I've been wondering how he is and what he's doing these days.
"I know a thing or two because I've seen a thing or two."
mrdeacon

Post by mrdeacon »

tbonesullivan wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:37 pm If it works, go for it! This looks to be a more "solid" type of almost "wax" to put on the slide. Interesting concept. Most of the "classic" creams are just recreations of Pond's cold cream. Then there are those that are like Slid-O-Mix, which seams to be some type of surfactant/detergent and very thin silicone.
Yeah... Not sure how I feel about wax on my slide. I feel like it would be a pain to clean out properly.

I would like to try... I just doubt I'll like it more than trombotine.
Rath R1 2000s, Elliott XT
Bach 42 1974, Elliott XT
Holton 169 1965, Elliott LB
Minick Bass Trombone 1980s, Elliott LB
JLivi

Post by JLivi »

I'm intrigued. I'm going to buy some. Looking forward to seeing how wax is on the slide. I might use it on a horn I don't care about first :-)
King 2b+
King 3b
King 3b(f)
Conn 79h
Kanstul 1585
Olds O-21 Marching Trombone (Flugabone)
dembones

Post by dembones »

It works great for me. A very small amount on the stockings spread thin. Then a small drop of Yamasnot also on each stocking.

Best slide action I've experienced, and it will last for days. I've tried them all over the years, this is really good stuff.
Don Mikkelsen
JLivi

Post by JLivi »

I ordered mine late Thursday night and I believe it was delivered to me on Saturday, back in May. Very quick turnaround.

I've only used it once, but I really like it. I don't think it's going to replace my Yamaha slide oil, but it's definitely my 2nd favorite slide lube I've tried. I would take this over Trombone, Slide-o-mix, and Ultra Pure.

It kind of threw me for a loop with how little of an amount you need to use.
King 2b+
King 3b
King 3b(f)
Conn 79h
Kanstul 1585
Olds O-21 Marching Trombone (Flugabone)
norbie2018

Post by norbie2018 »

No go on my Edwards slide. No matter the amount, it just didn't work as well as Yamaha Slide Lubricant.
brassmedic

Post by brassmedic »

Just tried it. Definitely needs water on a brass slide. Seems fine, but Yamaha lube still works better and doesn't need water.
Brad Close Brass Instruments - brassmedic.com
Cmillar

Post by Cmillar »

Bought some to try it, and so far so excellent on my Bach 16 slide.

- I put a very light smear on each stocking, and rub it over each stocking
- put one drop of SOM small bottle (the clear silicone) on each stocking

Then, before I put the outer slide on, I spray a fine mist on the upper portions of the slide.

Then, I put on outer slide and work it up and down.

I haven't had to re-touch it for a couple of days, and it's still ultra-smooth.

So far so excellent!
guywiththeblacktrombone

Post by guywiththeblacktrombone »

I think it's great with the Yamaha lube. Keeps in good for weeks (not that I would do that to my horn....) I bought a second tin to keep with my new horn.
Andrew

Butler Lemon Drop #31
Yamaha 697ZBP
Jiggs 2B
Cmillar

Post by Cmillar »

Still lovin' this stuff!

My slide was starting to get a 'tad' sluggish today, so I just used my fingers to re-smear the stocking with the residual BerpBio that was already built-up there.

Put another drop of SOM small bottle on each slide, re-sprayed the upper slides, and the magic was back.
(I imagine that SuperSlick silicone might work as well?)

That's 3 days of not having to clean my slide and re-apply any Berpbio lube.

I'll take it.
TheSheriff

Post by TheSheriff »

I just got some and am using it on my Williams 6. I find it to be the best lube I have used on the model 6. I will give it a try on my other horns and see how it goes. I used way less than what the guy in the video used, probably 10 times less. Less than a smidge and a spritz of water and it is a 10/10 slide. It was always a 8/10 before the berp biolube. Less is more.
Lawler model 1
Lawler model 2
Lawler Model 3
Williams 6
Williams L
Kanstul 1606
Conn 71H

Return to “Maintenance”