Hagmann valve caps hard to remove

vetsurginc

Hagmann valve caps hard to remove

Post by vetsurginc »

2009 horn. Valves work great. But removing the valve caps is brutal! Consistent with light and heavy caps. I have changed the O-rings and I use silicon grease on the O-rings. When they first go on they turn ok and can be removed pretty easy (never easy). In a week it is a struggle.

Am I doing something wrong? I usually lubricate inside the valves weekly so they stay light and quick. I push the caps on until I cannot see the O-ring.

Thanks for any help!

doug maccoy
marccromme

Re: Hagmann valve caps hard to remove

Post by marccromme »

Move or turn them every day? Thats what I do with all my slides, and they never stick.
ithinknot

Post by ithinknot »

vetsurginc wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:54 am 2009 horn. Valves work great. But removing the valve caps is brutal! Consistent with light and heavy caps. I have changed the O-rings and I use silicon grease on the O-rings. When they first go on they turn ok and can be removed pretty easy (never easy). In a week it is a struggle.
2006 Rath - same, always been like that, comes back from factory servicing like that.

Hagmann redesigned the caps/casing fitting in 2016.
vetsurginc

Post by vetsurginc »

ithinknot wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 12:20 pm
vetsurginc wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:54 am 2009 horn. Valves work great. But removing the valve caps is brutal! Consistent with light and heavy caps. I have changed the O-rings and I use silicon grease on the O-rings. When they first go on they turn ok and can be removed pretty easy (never easy). In a week it is a struggle.
2006 Rath - same, always been like that, comes back from factory servicing like that.

Hagmann redesigned the caps/casing fitting in 2016.
Ah. I knew about the redesign having a recess around the top next to the valve. Glad they addressed the other issue. Snap on is ok, although I was perfectly happy with screw-on caps of my Holton.

Now all I have to do is buy a new valve section!! I'll just keep my soft-wood stick and rubber mallet :D

Thanks for sharing.

Return to “Maintenance”