Slide tech near Copenhagen, DK ??

marccromme

Slide tech near Copenhagen, DK ??

Post by marccromme »

Last time I needed a slide alignment - in 2012 - i did send my Kruspe bass slide to Lätsch, Bremen, DE. Which did a marvelous job. But I waited quite some time for it.

I was just wondering if there was a known and proven good slide tech nearer, or near-by Copenhagen some other place?

I have a YBL-321 which drags slightly between 1st and 2nd position, the slide is well-aligned, parallel, same center-distance between outer and inners, no dents, so it should work .... but close inspection shows that the lower outer slide is slightly oval over a stretch of 4 to 5 cm.

Laquer is slightly scruffed there, so I suspect that a former removal of a dent did harden some parts of the tube, pulling it out of round to oval there. Took me quite some time to find an see the problem ..

Who near Copenhagen would you recommend to do this slide trueing job ??
Last edited by marccromme on Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peacemate

Re: Slide tech near Copnhagen, DK ??

Post by Peacemate »

Windcorp Malmö does pretty good slide work in my experience. Only had a few slide dents removed, and the brass repairman is a trombonist himself so he should know how a good slide feels. They also have their prices listed on their website.

Good service, quick work (3 workdays in my case, left my slide on Friday, got it back Tuesday), and a few trombones on display.

Might have to get there physically though, which is negative test within 3 days if I remember correctly. Maybe a work thing too, but I'm not sure.
Student in Sweden, usually looking for more trombones
marccromme

Re: Slide tech near Copenhagen, DK ??

Post by marccromme »

Thanks for the tip on Windcorp Malmo, the slide can wait to summer when travel restrictions hopefully are revoked. I did not knew that a good slide tech was so close, only 40 minutes by train ...
Peacemate

Post by Peacemate »

I just remembered I.K. Gottfiried in Copenhagen. Haven't used them personally, but they seem to have a repairshop. Their pricing is hourly.
bbocaner

Post by bbocaner »

I bought a trombone from Brass Centrum in Copenhagen. The proprieter's name is Ullrich Harzer. He did some work on the instrument touching it up a bit after I bought it and I watched and I'm confident he does extremely high quality work.
marccromme

Post by marccromme »

Yes, I know Gottfried and Brass Centrum. Especially Ulrich's work is fine, but he does not play brass himself. Slides I only want to send to trombone players with fine craftsmanship, therefore my question. I will try Windcorp in Malmö for my next slide job. Latzsch was very good at it, but it's cumbersome with the distance.
Tbarh

Post by Tbarh »

marccromme wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:56 am Yes, I know Gottfried and Brass Centrum. Especially Ulrich's work is fine, but he does not play brass himself. Slides I only want to send to trombone players with fine craftsmanship, therefore my question. I will try Windcorp in Malmö for my next slide job. Latzsch was very good at it, but it's cumbersome with the distance.
Why on earth must Your slide tech play trombone him or herself?... :idk: Slidejobs are purely a mechanical issue, and require technical skills only... Btw, heard nothing but praise for Ullrichs work..
marccromme

Post by marccromme »

Yes, Ulrichs work is very fine. Never have been disappointed, though had never a slide job done by him. Mostly tuba work.

It seems that Ulrich did recently hand his workshop over to his son Martin, at least that is what I see in the danish company register. Need to verify personally.
https://datacvr.virk.dk/data/visenhed?e ... d=41233524

Lätzsch was excellent in slide jobs.
Peacemate

Post by Peacemate »

My friend just today told me about Brassmakaren, located in Åstad near Helsingborg. He's a bass trombonist with formal education from an instrument maker. No personal experience though with him, but he might be another option.

Return to “Modification & Repair”