Kanstul .547 ML, MO?

Bach5G

Kanstul .547 ML, MO?

Post by Bach5G »

Does anybody have any opinions regarding these leadpipes?

Minick Legit? Minick Open?
tbonesullivan

Re: Kanstul .547 ML, MO?

Post by tbonesullivan »

I like the ML in my 1588. The MO is, as you would expect, open. It was good for pumping out low end for 3rd trombone parts. They are nice pipes, which sadly aren't being made anymore. Hopefully BAC got the mandrels and specs so they can return again.
David S. - daveyboy37 from TTF
Bach 39, LT36B, 42BOF & 42T, King 2103 / 3b, Kanstul 1570CR & 1588CR, Yamaha YBL-612 RII, YBL-822G & YBL-830, B&H Eb Tuba, Sterling 1056GHS Euphonium,
Livingston Symphony Orchestra NJ - Trombone
Slidemo

Re: Kanstul .547 ML, MO?

Post by Slidemo »

Apologies for the late reply and hopefully useful post.

The Kanstul replica pipes IMO are really good. I bought all four 0.547 pipes many years ago when I first acquired a shires slide circa 2005. (ML, MO, BB, 8)

The ML was the one I liked most straight away but has since been moved on. The BB I like a lot with a Bachish style setup. (7YM bell, yellow TS) The 8 is in the horn now in a kind of Conn configuration. (2YM bell, Red Seamed TS) The MO was only ever play tested and eventually traded for a Bass GR2 which is also awesome.

One observation is that they need "playing in" like over a period of many weeks, perhaps months, so you may need to persevere a bit before you really get the true playing characteristics especially if the pipes haven't been played a lot.

I've found that the "BB" and especially the "8" are 2 of the best aftermarket 0.547 pipes available.

Hamo.

Return to “Accessories”