Bullet Brace on SE Shires Tru-Bore Valve

Posaune01

Bullet Brace on SE Shires Tru-Bore Valve

Post by Posaune01 »

Hello everyone!

I’ve recently been in the market to purchase a hand grip for my trombone to help supplement the shooting pains I get in my hand/arm after long days of rehearsals. Currently, I’m borrowing a Get-A-Grip but have done a little research and have found that the covering on them rips fairly easily leaving exposed aluminum that I believe may potentially scratch/damage the horn. I know that the Edwards Co. bullet brace is a popular choice. On the Edwards website, it says that the product fits a SE Shires horn, but had not been tested on the Tru-Bore Valve. Has anyone tried using a bullet brace on a Tru-Bore valve? Does anyone have suggestions?

Thanks!!
Bassbonechandler

Re: Bullet Brace on SE Shires Tru-Bore Valve

Post by Bassbonechandler »

The ax handle is good too!
Posaune01

Post by Posaune01 »

Bassbonechandler wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:34 pm The ax handle is good too!
Have you tried ax handle on a Tru-Bore?
Bassbonechandler

Post by Bassbonechandler »

No, but it is cheaper than a bullet brace and there are several different sizes you can get. The customer service from instrument innovations is great as well.
FEWeathers

Post by FEWeathers »

The Ax Handle fits the Shires TruBore valve with no problems. You'll need the .420" size kit.
bbocaner

Post by bbocaner »

Shires makes a rest bar kit that solders onto the tenon and then is adjustable/removable with allen keys. I liked mine when I had a trubore and similar problems holding the instrument.
Johnstad

Post by Johnstad »

bbocaner wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:25 pm Shires makes a rest bar kit that solders onto the tenon and then is adjustable/removable with allen keys. I liked mine when I had a trubore and similar problems holding the instrument.
I use this as well. Also puts less stress on the bell cross brace.

Return to “Accessories”