Favorite Beater Earbuds

mrdeacon

Favorite Beater Earbuds

Post by mrdeacon »

Hi guys!

I'm in the market for some beater earbuds. I always like to have some earbuds I can throw in a bag and not worry if I lose them or if they eventually break.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076M ... UTF8&psc=1

These Sony ones have been a longtime favorite but for whatever reason, the right earbud always seems to die after about 3-4ish months.

You guys have any other recommendations or favorites?

I made this thread here as I thought it was a relevant topic. The mods are free to move this topic if they see fit!

Thanks! Stay safe out there guys!
Rath R1 2000s, Elliott XT
Bach 42 1974, Elliott XT
Holton 169 1965, Elliott LB
Minick Bass Trombone 1980s, Elliott LB
FullPedalTrombonist

Re: Favorite Beater Earbuds

Post by FullPedalTrombonist »

SkullCandy used to be my go-to for this purpose. They seem to die faster than they used to. I got a pair of Puma workout earphones at Ross years ago and they haven’t died yet, but the rubber has become a bit gummy on the cable. Who knows if they dipped in quality like SkullCandy, but they’re also pretty cheap! I’ve heard good things about JBL earphones. We have just about the full range of portable speakers and they really take a beating.
mrdeacon

Post by mrdeacon »

I switched to the Sony buds because I was having the same experience with the Skull Candy buds.

I guess I'm also wondering if a durable pair of earbuds exist. Something like how Oakleys are indestructible for glasses frames.
Bach 42 1974, Elliott XT
Nhtrombone

Post by Nhtrombone »

Check out Monoprice.com - I had a pair of $6 wired earbuds that sounded great and I’m only upset that I lost them because they sounded so great.
Matt K
Verified

Post by Matt K »

These guys:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00 ... UTF8&psc=1

They're actually pretty rugged for the price. Built in mic... but I've bought maybe 3 of them over the last decade because I lost them... ran them over, etc.
JLivi

Post by JLivi »

I second the Panasonic and Monoprice ear buds. I actually used to only buy the panasonics, but then recently was told about the mono price and gave them a shot.

$9 mono price ones I bought. I like them a lot, and they're over the ear, which I prefer. More like IEM.
https://smile.amazon.com/Monoprice-Enha ... ics&sr=1-4
King 2b+
King 3b
King 3b(f)
Conn 79h
Kanstul 1585
Olds O-21 Marching Trombone (Flugabone)
mrdeacon

Post by mrdeacon »

Perfect! This was exactly the kind of stuff I was looking for. I'll check them out after the Sony's I have die.
Bach 42 1974, Elliott XT

Return to “Accessories”