Sourcing leather strap in Europe

LeTromboniste

Sourcing leather strap in Europe

Post by LeTromboniste »

I used to have a leather holding strap that I can't seem to find it anywhere. I've been borrowing one from my flatmate for too long now and need to buy one again. Problem is, the Yamaha straps are out of stock everywhere (do they still make them?) and buying from Leather Specialties...well the shipping to Switzerland is almost as expensive as the item itself...I expected Thomann to have them, but they don't. Anyone knows of another manufacturer or source I could find in Europe?
Maximilien Brisson
www.maximilienbrisson.com
Lecturer for baroque trombone,
Hfk Bremen/University of the Arts Bremen
Bach5G

Re: Sourcing leather strap in Europe

Post by Bach5G »

Clebsch?
Bart

Post by Bart »

Any shop that carries products by GEWA (most known as the Conn-Selmer distributor in most of Europe, I think). They sell products by Leather Specialties to their dealers, including the leather strap for trombone. Search for article number 720680 on their site (gewamusic.com) to check if it is the correct item.

It is strange that Thomann doesn't have them, since they even own a part of GEWA. Maybe they don't sell well enough?

It shouldn't be too hard to find a GEWA-dealer in Switzerland or one of the neighbouring countries, I think. The strap is not in stock right now, but should become available on November 6th, if their dealer site is up to date. Good luck!
silverslideman

Post by silverslideman »

Maximilien, I've ordered an LS one from http://www.clennellcustombrass.co.uk
He has quoted me better time & cost than I think I'd get from US.
brumpone

Post by brumpone »

Andrew Clennell was suggested to me for tech work by slidemo and gave excellent service!
LeTromboniste

Post by LeTromboniste »

I ended up ordering directly from LS. I did find a few dealers in Europe in the end, but they all only seemed to carry the tenor version and only in one size (or didn't indicate they had more than one size available. GEWA seems to only distribute one size). Most didn't have it currently in stock. Also couldn't find cheaper than 25€, which was more than the price from LS plus shipping (around $25).
Maximilien Brisson
www.maximilienbrisson.com
Lecturer for baroque trombone,
Hfk Bremen/University of the Arts Bremen
silverslideman

Post by silverslideman »

The Yamaha shop in London tells me Yamaha has discontinued its strap, so the choice is now LS or we knit our own.

Return to “Accessories”