Bach 36 case compatibility

atbell

Bach 36 case compatibility

Post by atbell »

I am seeking to upgrade the case of my Bach 36 and am specifically looking at the BAM Classic model case. Specs say its interior is molded on a Bach 42 and I am curious to know if anyone has any experience or knowledge on how secure a straight Bach 36 with no valve would fit, specifically the slide and how secure or not secure it may fit due to being slightly more narrow than a 42 slide. Thanks in advance for any insight!
Burgerbob

Re: Bach 36 case compatibility

Post by Burgerbob »

The way the BAM cases hold the slide, I'm not sure if I would trust a slightly narrower slide.
Aidan Ritchie, LA area player and teacher
atbell

Post by atbell »

Burgerbob wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:11 pm The way the BAM cases hold the slide, I'm not sure if I would trust a slightly narrower slide.
Indeed. This is my precise concern and hesitation point from simply purchasing one as the cases that I’ve seen in person in the past and presently online lack any type of securing panel or straps and seem to rely solely on the molded interior formation to prevent slide movement.
Burgerbob

Post by Burgerbob »

Yup. I've used a BAM Classic for long periods with my basses and never had issues (except on both, the zippers eventually died).

I think there are probably better options for the 36. I keep mine in a gig bag, so not much help!
Aidan Ritchie, LA area player and teacher
PhilE

Post by PhilE »

I have a BAM classic case for my 42.
I also use it for my straight 36 when I'm playing that.
It sits in there just fine.
The slide is held securely.
No problem
Mamaposaune

Post by Mamaposaune »

I have a Bam Classic and have used it with both a 42B and 36B, and have had no issues. The foam that holds the slide in place is firm enough to hold either slide snugly in place.

Return to “Accessories”