Thomann Trombone Cases

Aznguyy

Thomann Trombone Cases

Post by Aznguyy »

Any one used them before? I'm looking to get one for my Yamaha Medium bore(.525, 8.5inch bell)

They appear to have three kinds: Trekking, Fibertech, and compofibre. The prices aren't bad but the shipping cost is pretty high.
Peacemate

Re: Thomann Trombone Cases

Post by Peacemate »

Trekking: Have seen the saxophone version, seems light, cheap, and boxy. Has that cheap aura around it.

Fibertech: Trombone version, looks decent (in green atleast) compactish, not huge, but seemed durable enough.

Compofibre: No experience. I'd assume it is just a slightly different fibertech.

Overall, I'd take a cheap Protec over them any day. Have used a PB-306CT, and have a friend with a bass IP-309CT, and they both seem durable with enough space and storage. No music pouch though, and the backpack straps are extra and not very comfy for me.

My current daily driver is a Gard eco gigbag, similar to their elite series. Pretty protective (gigbagwise) and decently stylish/cheap.
Student in Sweden, usually looking for more trombones
afugate

Re: Thomann Trombone Cases

Post by afugate »

Peacemate wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:01 pm Trekking: Have seen the saxophone version, seems light, cheap, and boxy. Has that cheap aura around it.

Fibertech: Trombone version, looks decent (in green atleast) compactish, not huge, but seemed durable enough.

Compofibre: No experience. I'd assume it is just a slightly different fibertech.

Overall, I'd take a cheap Protec over them any day. Have used a PB-306CT, and have a friend with a bass IP-309CT, and they both seem durable with enough space and storage. No music pouch though, and the backpack straps are extra and not very comfy for me.

My current daily driver is a Gard eco gigbag, similar to their elite series. Pretty protective (gigbagwise) and decently stylish/cheap.
I picked up a used trombone case labeled as a BAC case. The case is nearly identical to the pictures of the Thomann Fibertech case. If they are indeed sourced from the same place, I can recommend this case. Our daughter uses it for her Silversonic 3BF. It's a little big, so I've added a few pieces of strategic styrofoam.

Note: I don't know if the BAC label on the case actually means it's from the BAC horn maker. I suspect that's the case, but I can't confirm. BAC lists a "deluxe case" provided with some of their trombones, but I can't find a picture.

--Andy in OKC

Return to “Accessories”