Will a Single valve Bass fit IPAC Tenor Case?

jazzvuu

Will a Single valve Bass fit IPAC Tenor Case?

Post by jazzvuu »

I am needing a new case for a Yamaha YBL-421G I picked up as the case it came with is very beat up. I am wondering if it would possibly fit a Protec Tenor IPAC case instead of having to get their Bass IPAC. My reasoning is the YBL-421G has a 9.5in bell that the tenor case is sized up to where as the Bass IPAC fits up to a 10.5in bell. There was a protec max line contour case at my school that almost fitted the YBL-421G but the tuning slide radius was a bit too wide to fit by like half an inch (the overall length and bell were fine as it is a closed wrap). So with the more adjustable IPAC line, does anyone know if smaller single valve bass would fit as I would prefer it over the bigger/heavier bass IPAC case.
Mamaposaune

Re: Will a Single valve Bass fit IPAC Tenor Case?

Post by Mamaposaune »

I don't know about your Yamaha, but I keep a Conn 72H in a tenor Protec. If you want to compare measurements, just let me know.
Posaunus

Post by Posaunus »

ProTec MAX bass trombone case is very light and has more than enough room for the YBL-421G.
jazzvuu

Post by jazzvuu »

I ended picking up an IPAC tenor case on FB marketplace cheap and it does indeed fit the YBL-421G bass trombone very well. I got a like new IPAC tenor case for a hair cheaper than a new Max case. I can use this case when I need to for my Yamaha xeno tenor also.

So for anyone with a single valve compact bass trombone like the Yamaha YBL-421G (or I hard the Bach 50B single valve also fits), the tenor IPAC is a great case that fits well for a tad less bulk and weight.
Briande

Post by Briande »

I know this is an old thread, but any thought of whether the iPAC Tenor Case would work on a bass trombone with 2 valves but a smaller (9.5 inch) bell? The picture on their website for Tenor Case shows a 2 valve bass but that might just be the picture of the bass case they are using there....
I’m not a collector, I just have too many trombones….
King 2B. King 3B. King 3B+ w/F attachment and gold brass bell. King Duo Gravis. Getzen 1047FR. Conn 6H. Conn 48H.
Burgerbob

Post by Burgerbob »

Briande wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:45 am I know this is an old thread, but any thought of whether the iPAC Tenor Case would work on a bass trombone with 2 valves but a smaller (9.5 inch) bell? The picture on their website for Tenor Case shows a 2 valve bass but that might just be the picture of the bass case they are using there....
No. Tenor cases don't make accommodations for 2nd valve linkages and paddles.

For OP, I kept a 50B in a tenor Protec for a long time.
Aidan Ritchie, LA area player and teacher

Return to “Accessories”