Backpack Straps on Marco Magi Tenor Case?

jwhuggins

Backpack Straps on Marco Magi Tenor Case?

Post by jwhuggins »

Hey all,

I have a Marco Magi case that came with my custom Shires. I'm curious about modifying it, thinking about potentially attaching backpack straps to the case...pretty sure I saw someone post about this on Instagram a while back (which is where I got the idea) but I couldn't find the post. If anyone out there has experience with this(or if you think it's a dumb idea) please let me know.

Thanks!
baileyman

Re: Backpack Straps on Marco Magi Tenor Case?

Post by baileyman »

Sure, you can do that. It would be best to get familiar with the ways things are traditionally attached to cases. Some of the hardware will be in a good local hardware store. You'll likely want to be able to take the interior of the case out for access to the panel you want to attach to. It's a good idea to find a way to temporarily assemble your idea so you can put it on and check how well it will work.

It's a nice case. You'll want a neat job. On the other hand I have a plastic travel case that I put a strap on while in the parking lot of a hardware store in Honolulu, two conduit straps and D-rings plastic epoxied directly to the side. Yugly! But still functioning ten years later.
Mamaposaune

Re: Backpack Straps on Marco Magi Tenor Case?

Post by Mamaposaune »

Hardware such as these are what you would want to source. Like Bailyman said, you want to carefully peel back the lining so it looks neat and you don't have any metal showing. I would also suggest using t-nuts, they not only will hold better but will be flush against st the inside of the case.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Accessories”