seamed vs drawn leadpipe

JerryY

seamed vs drawn leadpipe

Post by JerryY »

Educate me. Differences, preferences? Another can-o-worms... What makes one substantially different than the other.
tbonesullivan

Re: seamed vs drawn leadpipe

Post by tbonesullivan »

The brassark has a pretty good description of how they feel it affects the sound:

http://brassark.com/leadpipes.html

I haven't really jumped into the leadpipe rabbit hole for the most part. I will say however that the Elkhart 8H leadpipe I got for my Kanstul 1588 is my favorite, over the Minick style pipes that came with it.
David S. - daveyboy37 from TTF
Bach 39, LT36B, 42BOF & 42T, King 2103 / 3b, Kanstul 1570CR & 1588CR, Yamaha YBL-612 RII, YBL-822G & YBL-830, B&H Eb Tuba, Sterling 1056GHS Euphonium,
Livingston Symphony Orchestra NJ - Trombone
whitbey

Post by whitbey »

I have an Edwards and a Brassark copper pipe. One seamed, one not. They play remarkably the same.

The difference was I wanted two for two slides and both companies only had one at the time I bought. SO they are different, but play the same.
Edwards Sterling bell 525/547
Edwards brass bell 547/562
Edwards Jazz w/ Ab valve 500"/.508"
Markus Leuchter Alto Trombone
Bass Bach 50 Bb/F/C dependent.
Cerveny oval euphonium
Full list in profile
JerryY

Post by JerryY »

Thank you, I was interested that you find the seamed vs unseamed so similar. Lots of players talk about the seamed 32H pipe. I'm curious if its just a different pipe from what they used, or if the same unseamed would be drastically different.

Return to “Accessories”