Flic button?

brtnats

Flic button?

Post by brtnats »

Anybody use a Flic button in conjunction with a music app as a page turner? I saw someone recently on FB that had one mounted to their trombone to turn pages and i think it’s an interesting idea. Any experience out there?

~B
NordicTrombone

Re: Flic button?

Post by NordicTrombone »

I've got one that I've used together with the ForScore app for my iPad. Works really well, only complaint is that there is a tiny bit of delay, maybe half a second, before the page turns.

I bought a cheaper Flic to try it out and while I believe it works equally well as the more expensive one it's lacks the clip that the large one has. Mine has a reusable glue instead and makes it less practical to mount on the horn. Get the full priced one :)
JLivi

Post by JLivi »

Would you mind sharing a link? I’m curious what this is and how it works. I looked it up and just saw a small button. Is that what this is? Just a button that you can get to turn pages in ForScore?

Would it work if you put it on the floor and used your foot to change the pages?
King 2b+
King 3b
King 3b(f)
Conn 79h
Kanstul 1585
Olds O-21 Marching Trombone (Flugabone)
sacfxdx

Post by sacfxdx »

Here is one that will sit on the floor. There is also a 4 button model that works with Forscore and other apps. You need the ability to go forward and backwards for DC and DS stuff.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... gJTf_D_BwE
Steve
afugate

Post by afugate »

NordicTrombone wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:39 am I've got one that I've used together with the ForScore app for my iPad. Works really well, only complaint is that there is a tiny bit of delay, maybe half a second, before the page turns.

I bought a cheaper Flic to try it out and while I believe it works equally well as the more expensive one it's lacks the clip that the large one has. Mine has a reusable glue instead and makes it less practical to mount on the horn. Get the full priced one :)
Very cool. :good:

Questions...
  1. Does it work directly with ForScore or does it require the Flic app?
  2. Could you make a finger ring out of something like this?
--Andy in OKC
NordicTrombone

Post by NordicTrombone »

afugate wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:30 am
NordicTrombone wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:39 am I've got one that I've used together with the ForScore app for my iPad. Works really well, only complaint is that there is a tiny bit of delay, maybe half a second, before the page turns.

Very cool. :good:

Questions...
  1. Does it work directly with ForScore or does it require the Flic app?
  2. Could you make a finger ring out of something like this?
--Andy in OKC
You do need the app, but it’s not a problem for me.

I tried to make something with a hose clamp but figured I could just hold it with my left middle finger and just depress it when I turn the page. Works well enough! But I’ve seen some pictures on Facebook of people who’ve been creative so it’s very doable :)
walldaja

Post by walldaja »

Have you tried Blackbinder? Canadian Brass are hawking it

https://canadianbrassstore.com/blackbinder-music/
Dave

2014 Shires Q30GR with 2CL
1982 King 607F with 13CL
Yamaha 421G Bass with Christian Lindberg 2CL / Bach 1 1/2G
Bach Soloist with 13CL
1967 Olds Ambassador with 10CL
1957 Besson 10-10
Jean Baptiste EUPCOMS with Stork 4
brtnats

Post by brtnats »

walldaja wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:32 pm Have you tried Blackbinder? Canadian Brass are hawking it

https://canadianbrassstore.com/blackbinder-music/
I’m not digging that you have to buy through a curated store. The beauty of Forscore is that it uses imported pdf files. It will even save and edit camera shots into pdf natively inside the app to “scan” the music.

FWIW forScore will automatically page turn if you peg an audio file to a pdf and tell it where to turn that parts. It just doesn’t sit well with me because any variations in tempo will mess up the page-turn timings.
hwlentz

Post by hwlentz »

This thread came up while I was searching for something else. Some of you might be interested in this flic attachment clip. (I have no financial or other interest, other than being a satisfied user.) The guy is very easy to work with and will customize the piece for your horn.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TEAIndustries

Bill Lentz
johntarr

Post by johntarr »

Would that button work as a control for a looper on an iPad?

Best,

John
Voltrane

Post by Voltrane »

Hello,
I use a 1st generation Flic button with forScore and it works well. The only drawback is the page turn is a little slow.
Flic makes now a Flic 2 button using Bluetooth 5.
Does anyone know if the Flic 2 is faster than the original Flic ?
Many thanks

Return to “Technology”