Balanced Recording

Geordie

Balanced Recording

Post by Geordie »

I’m attempting to record my playing along with a backing track as some friends have asked me to share. I only have my iPhone 7 for the video/audio recording. No matter how loudly I set the volume on the backing track or reposition the phone and backing track speaker the backing is always too low in the mix. I want to make it louder but am wondering if there is some sort of audio limiter in the phone.
Not looking for studio quality and trying to avoid spending time learning a DAW or spending money on hardware I’ll not use again, unless there is no alternative. Audio only solution is fine.
Any advice please on possible solutions or do I need to buy a Zoom/Tascam or something? FWIW I have a good keyboard combo amp with aux in/out, a keyboard with an aux in - not helped. I have a wireless mic but not used it on this effort.
What do you think?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is not a rehearsal
BurckhardtS

Re: Balanced Recording

Post by BurckhardtS »

If you're using iRealPro, if you wear headphones and use the 'record' function, it will record it on a seperate track, and mix it together for you.
Shires - 7YM, TX, Axial, TW47 - Greg Black NY 1
YSL354 - XT LN106, C+, D3
Geordie

Post by Geordie »

BurckhardtS wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:04 am If you're using iRealPro, if you wear headphones and use the 'record' function, it will record it on a seperate track, and mix it together for you.
I’ve got that app and didn’t know about that function - thanks!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is not a rehearsal
walldaja

Post by walldaja »

I solved that issue by using a video editor program on my computer. I load the backing track then sync the part I play back up with that. It gives me the capability to adjust the volume of any audio track I want. It was a real pain to realized my phone essentially muted my background when I played.
Dave

2014 Shires Q30GR with 2CL
1982 King 607F with 13CL
Yamaha 421G Bass with Christian Lindberg 2CL / Bach 1 1/2G
Bach Soloist with 13CL
1967 Olds Ambassador with 10CL
1957 Besson 10-10
Jean Baptiste EUPCOMS with Stork 4

Return to “Technology”