CD release: David Martin – Fleurs et Épines

Pictures, video, etc.
LeTromboniste

CD release: David Martin – Fleurs et Épines

Post by LeTromboniste »

I just wanted to leave a note here about a solo trombone CD that is newly available on download and streaming services, and was one of my favorite trombone CDs ever. It came out in 2014 but I unfortunately left my physical copy back home when I moved to Europe (and don't have a CD player on my laptop anyway) so I am now rediscovering it after a few years and it's just as good as or even better than I remembered.

For those who don't know of him, Dave is a great musician and artist. The repertoire is very nicely selected and paced, in a way that I think makes this CD one that non-trombonists can also easily enjoy (which let's face it isn't always the case with solo trombone CDs). Check it out!

David Russell Martin, Fleurs et Épines

Pretty much all 20th century music, a few big standard pieces like Martin Ballade or Pryor Thoughts of Love, some "new music", some jazz.
Maximilien Brisson
www.maximilienbrisson.com
Lecturer for baroque trombone,
Hfk Bremen/University of the Arts Bremen
daveinem

Re: CD release: David Martin – Fleurs et Épines

Post by daveinem »

Thanks so much for your kind words, Max!
CalgaryTbone

Post by CalgaryTbone »

Dave -

Is the physical CD still available for purchase somewhere? I hate downloads - always try to get a physical copy that I can play on my stereo, rather than on the computer. Thanks! Looking forward to hearing it!

Jim Scott
daveinem

Post by daveinem »

Hey Jim!

Would love to send you one. Just message me your address. Hope you all are holding up well out there!

Dave
CalgaryTbone

Post by CalgaryTbone »

Thanks Dave! - PM sent.

Hope you're well!

Jim
CalgaryTbone

Post by CalgaryTbone »

I'm going to second the recommendation for this CD. I've just finished listening to it and was really impressed by the quality of the playing and the variety of the music. Great job Dave! A terrific addition to the trombone solo recording catalog! Great performances of some slightly lesser-known gems of the repertoire are included. Makes me want to start learning a few new tunes!

Jim Scott

Return to “Media”